Final GTS spec queries

All your ordering information here!
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome 95BFan.

As a GTS owner in Rhodium with full GTS interior I can say it looks fab. The seat belt thing worried me but it's perfectly fine. It's an expensive option but it does make it a very special place to be.

As for the Entry and Drive it is certainly less secure but it does depend where you live and go. You have to be very unlucky too for things to go wrong.
The problem with these systems is the signal can be boosted of the card which is in your house at the time allowing them to open and drive it off. The car won't stop until the ignition is switched off or petrol run out for safety reasons.
This is why all the range rovers have the old fashioned steering wheel locks in london.

You will hear very little Macan thefts compared to RR but there is also a very different amount sold.
I did not spec entry and drive on mine because of the security concerns. You generally cannot have convenience and security together.
There are flaws in all systems and generally the car key unlocking is only 40 bit encryption which can be captured or blocked from locking your car by jamming it. But imo the key is safer and a gentle tug on the handle does the trick.

Either way like most things always be contious of your surroundings and what's going on. You do have to be very unlucky these days as car thefts are way down and recovery is very high if you have a tracker so you don't have to make a £70k claim.

Not sure it's made your decision any easier but hope it helps.

Kasfranks99,

Many thanks for such a comprehensive reply. Good to hear from a current RS GTS owner with the same interior we are looking at !

I am in agreement with you on the trade off between convenience and security, and taking a physical button push and key in ignition out of the equation is bound to be less secure.

Does PVTS come as standard on a Macan ? Not sure I've seen it on the options.

Your comments definitely useful - thanks.

Can I ask one follow up query on your RS GTS - did you spec the black door handles (I am assuming you kept the std black RS 20s) ? I keep ticking and unpicking that box to see how it looks...currently not on the order but I heading towards adding it (along with the spare wheel...).

PVTS comes with the Macan as standard but you have to pay to activate it. It's around £235 a year. There are also other battery trackers you can get which will not invalidate warranty if you prefer not to use the porsche one which is maintained by Vodafone. You can make that decision on collection. Or maybe when you get your insurance quote in case it's a requirement.

I didn't spec black door handles but I have seen some pictures of a couple of Macans with them and they looked good but the cars were white so I personally think the black door handles work better with the white car. Have a browse in gallery section.
The nice thing is you can really play around and have it looking sporty or classy depending on what you want to do with the wheels and side blades.
I opted for the sport design wheels as I didn't want the more aggressive look and std spyder wheels are a pain to clean (but I do like them)
My wife drives the Macan during the day so spare wheel was a must for me. She can call porsche assist and they do the rest.
Most of the fun / stress is picking the options. whatever you pick I can assure you it's an amazing drive and puts a smile on my face everytime. That's before I even play with all the Tech toys.
See the link below for pics below of my Macan to give you an idea how it looks with the wheel choice. At some point I can always change or have the wheels painted black.

http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/my-wife-is-good-to-me_topic5092.html
GTS 😀

Guy

Post by Guy »

Hello and welcome, great specification there. If you order coloured seat belts you get all 5 the same colour but with the GTS interior you just get 4. Would it be worth asking if your OPC could order the central belt and fit it for you before collection?

Thanks for the welcome, Andy352. V excited by the prospect of a Rhodium Silver GTS...

I had the same thought and am definitely going to ask my OPC to see if they can get me the central belt in silver. Doesn't make any sense to me that if I wanted them in Pebble Grey I could get all 5 that color but cant with the GTS interior...

Will let you know how I get on !

I note that you can buy the rear centre belt in silver for £156 here: http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt2624_2633_-cma81-cmo2294/Porsche/Macan/Seat-Belts---REAR/
Of course the dealer/trade price will be cheaper, and I wouldn't have thought the dealer will charge much to fit.
95BFan

Post by 95BFan »

Kasfranks99,

Many thanks for your info on PVTS and the link to pictures if your lovely looking RS GTS !

I will stick with the std black RS Spyder 20s and hence am still tempted by the black door handles.

If I can convince the missus she doesn't need Entry and Drive then I know where some of that "saving" might go !
95BFan

Post by 95BFan »

Hello and welcome, great specification there. If you order coloured seat belts you get all 5 the same colour but with the GTS interior you just get 4. Would it be worth asking if your OPC could order the central belt and fit it for you before collection?

Thanks for the welcome, Andy352. V excited by the prospect of a Rhodium Silver GTS...

I had the same thought and am definitely going to ask my OPC to see if they can get me the central belt in silver. Doesn't make any sense to me that if I wanted them in Pebble Grey I could get all 5 that color but cant with the GTS interior...

Will let you know how I get on !

I note that you can buy the rear centre belt in silver for £156 here: http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt2624_2633_-cma81-cmo2294/Porsche/Macan/Seat-Belts---REAR/

Of course the dealer/trade price will be cheaper, and I wouldn't have thought the dealer will charge much to fit.

Guy,

Thanks for the link to a Rhodium Silver rear belt. Am going to try the OPC route first but know a fallback if that doesn't work and when we take delivery we don't like the look of the single black central belt.

If Porsche never did a coloured central rear belt I would understand it not coming with the GTS interior...
MartinRS2K

Post by MartinRS2K »

I had my Boxster seat belts changed to Red by this company. They are inexpensive and excellent quality if OPC can't help you.
Macan GTS collected 28/10/17 - Carmine Red http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4B4758
991.2 GT3 Touring collected 24/03/18 - Carrara White Metallic http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ9T3NA0
997.2 GT3RS 2010 - Carrara White with Riviera Blue Decals and Wheels (Only 7,000 miles from New)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Ooh, tempting!! Red belts to brighten up my interior?! Cool
I wonder how Porsche would react...?! Ermm
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
macview19

Post by macview19 »

Hi Kasfranks 99 re your post on Entry and Drive you are correct about the signal from the key being whilst in say your home or garage
can be cloned.If the keys are placed in a metal key pouch ( the Faraday System) the keys cannot be cloned.These pouches are available
on the internet (fleaby) about 7 pounds each that I paid and used them on my departed MacanSD (now sold) new Macan GTS on order
and again I specced Entry and Drive the only problem is when washing the car if the key is in you pocket the locking system can be activated.
Having come from a Terrible Jaguar Fpace to a Diesel Macan ( brilliant car) but with the change in mileage now much reduced ordered
a GTS to replace the SD