Homelink

All your ordering information here!
JamienBermy

Post by JamienBermy »

Have the same issue with a newly installed homelink universal receiver not working.

Homelink technical can’t help as they only have the PCM steps for other models with 100% on screen displays.

Has anyone been able to activate homelink Fix Kit universal Mode for the garage opener - that’s the only way to get the universal receiver to work?

The step by step pictures in the other posts don’t seem to be from a Macan but a Panmera or Cayenne.

Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

I always thought having the Homelink would be a great thing, but it seems to create more trouble than its worth. My Hormann garage doors have the little remote fobs, but as I don’t want additional junk on my key ring, I bought a little cigarette lighter button that goes in the centre console. It paired up in seconds with my doors and is hidden out of sight for stealth opening and closing of the door - shame the car doesn’t go in and out in stealth mode as it is a constant bugbear of my wife when the GTS fires up below our bedroom in the garage. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I’ll admit on here I always activate the PSE too just for my own private amusement...
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
JamienBermy

Post by JamienBermy »

Not been a great experience so far. Homelink can’t help any further and pointed me to Porsche....a few calls later Porsche haven’t got back to me iro the mode to allow the car homelink to talk to the universal receiver “fix kit mode”.

my original gate wasn’t compatible when I thought it was

Got the universal homelink receiver installed

Bought a universal Homelink remote because apparently it made programming easier. Turns out it’s not compatible anymore.

We are talking about a homelink device talking to another homelink device...
JamienBermy

Post by JamienBermy »

Finally got confirmation from Porsche head office that I actually have Home Link version 2 (even though everyone has been telling me I have HL 5!).

All setup and working fine now
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

My issues with this were well documented.

Anyway, I bought this:

https://m.banggood.com/12V-Self-Locking ... Country=GB&

Wired it into my garage door:

68BED735-BE33-4C25-B678-77807D1EDC66.jpeg

6808F570-50F8-49F3-AC55-F60BDEA6D5E6.jpeg

40E9A5A7-FD5B-44DF-BFA3-369043914EB9.jpeg

And now I have Siri, Alexa & Google home controlling the door. I just talk “Hey Siri, garage door!” And she opens.

Pressing buttons is sooooo last century. :lol:

Why? Because I could. Plus, lockdown was killing me so what better boredom fix.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):