Homelink

All your ordering information here!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Guys,

Do any of you have the home link garage opening button installed in your Macan? My new car is due next month and I am also thinking of having garage doors installed on my brick car port.

I haven't seen much written about them on here, which makes me think maybe they aren't popular. Automated garage doors will obviously come with their own remotes but it would be nice to have it built in if they're any good. Already locked down so if not available as a retro fit is a non starter anyway (I can't see it on the tequipment page).

Thought I'd get your views before calling OPC.

Thanks,
Rob

Paul

Post by Paul »

There was a post a while back talking about wavelengths and some such and needing to add something to someone's door electrics in order for homelink to talk to it. It would pay to make sure your doors are / will be compatible.

I bought a pair of cheap chinese door handle inserts off fleabay and my remote is velcrod in there
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Apparantly if the garage door has a rolling code (more secure) transmitter it is much harder to set up.
Ive got homelink on my 911 and have never got it to work with garage door despite loads of attempts and research on the US rennlist forum. I now just use the fob but keep thinking I will have another go when I get some time. The OPC could offer no help at all!
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Just blu-tac your remote somewhere discrete in the car and job done.
VanB

Post by VanB »

I have homelink and works a treat. Bit of a bitch to set up but once done seems to be bullet proof. Rolling codes make it 20 x more difficult and it doesn't work with all gate systems so best to check first. However I'm very happy with it.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Moose

Post by Moose »

Yes I have it. I have a static code system that was easy to program. It works fine. I also have another rolling code system, if the base has a learning button it looks easy enough to set up but on my system the remotes learn from each other so I have not yet tackled that and don't know if it Will work.. There is a home link website and advisory service that I will try if it does not work.
Night blue S petrol, March 2017
John_M

Post by John_M »

Garador have optional remotes that fits into cigarette lighters - Link, so might be an option - I just leave one in car and one by front door

John_M2017-04-05 20:51:53
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Yes, and I chose one with my new garage door. But it doesn't fit under the lid if you have the smoker's pack, dammit!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for your help with this everyone. It seems that it is not possible to retro fit home link anyway so that's problem solved.
For anybody yet to lockdown who is interested tho, there is a definitive list of compatible garage door receivers on the homelink's own website.
Cheers, Rob
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

This thread prompted me to have another go at getting my Homelink button to work after giving up on it 2 years ago.

My garage door is not on the Homelink list and although the manufacturer originally claimed it was Homelink compatible it wasnt without adding a different radio receiver. I've just added another receiver (also rolling code) and it works in tandem with the original receiver so I can still use my old remotes

Hooray, It's finally working as it should!!
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)