(I admire your patience!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Got the car back today and they had indeed paired button 1 with my box. Not any other button though. This is a garage door opener so I need open and close so I set about pairing button two to channel B, safe in the knowledge this was all fixed. To my absolute astonishment it won’t pair. In fact, it did something to button 1 and that now won’t function. So I am back to square one.
I think the tech fluked the set up and handed me it back as quick as he could. Not a happy bunny.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Paul

Post by Paul »

☹️☹️😠
Not good.....rejection looming....?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Spoke to the service manager today and he assured me I could be talked through pairing button 2 (or 3) over the phone.
Great, I thought, I am a numpty and I am doing something wrong. When he rang back half an hour later his tone had changed massively and during the ensuing conversation this is what I was told:

It only works with a gate
Only one button can be paired to one channel per device
The car needs to be attached to a diagnostic machine to be able to pair

He then went on to question why I would possibly want to close the garage door from within the car anyway.

If I wasn't so mad I would laugh.

Last night I dropped my old friend from Homelink an email (he is a friend now as I seem to speak to him more than I do to my wife) and explained the situation to him. He responded promptly this morning and sounded pretty annoyed himself. He said there is a software update that Porsche is well aware of and that I am to pass the contact details to him and he would take up the fight for me. Putting things into perspective here, I bought an 80 Euro box from him and he can't do enough for me. My dealer sold me a £100k++ car and he can't do anything for me.

Incidentally, when I got the car back yesterday I was assured my car had all of the latest software updates applied. Today's phone call informed me I haven't had any software updates and they are still waiting for Porsche to let them have them. I just smell a crock of sh......

This may not be the worlds worst problem to have on a car. I get that, but I expect to be talked to like an adult. To be told the truth and not fobbed off again. It makes a mockery of the meeting I had with the centre principle when he was agreeing that this wouldn't happen again.

In the meantime I will bide my time and wait and see what results Homelink can get. Failing that I will take this up with Porsche UK.
I've had my email from the service department asking me to score them 5 on the survey I may receive. Anyone want to run a book on the kind of feedback I will give
Taycan Turbo S

Paul

Post by Paul »

☹️☹️
Very poor show, especially as the DP gave you his assurances etc........

.?..has he put his head above the parapet yet?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Paul wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:32 pm ☹️☹️
Very poor show, especially as the DP gave you his assurances etc........

.?..has he put his head above the parapet yet?
No. Been left to the service manager who thinks I am getting mad with him. I am not, but it is so frustrating. This guy obviously doesn't have a clue and instead of passing me on to someone who is technical enough to talk the issues through with me, he is just coming out with excuses he thinks might make me go away. He obviously doesn't know me very well. Belligerent is my middle name!

I just find it pathetic that I have to tackle Homelink directly and that Homelink are adamant there is a software fix for this that Porsche are aware of.
Taycan Turbo S

smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Latest update:
Got a call from service department and there is now a software update. He said Porsche have been liaising directly with Homelink. Which makes me wonder if this is in direct response to me raising it with Homelink technical (see earlier email). Either way the car goes back in next Tuesday. Offered me a mini courtesy car this time, so I politely declined.

Watch this space.....
Taycan Turbo S

davewf

Post by davewf »

My door controller is a Teleco TVPRP unit, I am running it in Mode1 one button does Open, Close and Stop so I only need to use the one make switch in the Home-Link kit. In fact the controller only has one set of contacts to connect to

I am guessing your controller must have two inputs for two switches so you are using both relays in the home-link kit if not try manually shorting the switch contacts when door is open and see if the door closes. It may also be that because you are using two buttons on your remote this single switch action is not working. I have hunted through my instructions and my system makes no mention of that happening though.
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

davewf wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:42 pm My door controller is a Teleco TVPRP unit, I am running it in Mode1 one button does Open, Close and Stop so I only need to use the one make switch in the Home-Link kit. In fact the controller only has one set of contacts to connect to

I am guessing your controller must have two inputs for two switches so you are using both relays in the home-link kit if not try manually shorting the switch contacts when door is open and see if the door closes. It may also be that because you are using two buttons on your remote this single switch action is not working. I have hunted through my instructions and my system makes no mention of that happening though.
I’ve managed to re-wire my garage door to function on just one button now, so that won’t be an issue now. My only concern is if I accidentally press one of the un-programmed buttons in the roof. This brings up a message on the PCM putting it into learn mode. Last time that happened it forgot what the other button had learnt.

Guess I’ll know more next week.
Taycan Turbo S

smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Good news (at last) Porsche have managed to come up with a workaround and the car now talks to my garage door. This has to be done by the dealer using diagnostic software though, I assume through the OBD port. Anyway they have managed to pair both buttons for up and down so I am finally satisfied. Took some getting there mind.

Only issue I have now is the woeful reception the box is getting. I guess my next challenge now is boosting the aerial..........
Taycan Turbo S