GTS ordered: RARE full black luxor w/ Dark Blue

All your ordering information here!
husniamirullah

Post by husniamirullah »

Hey guys

Submitted my order last week on Night Blue GTS with full Black & Luxor Interior! Woohoo!!

My build:
  • Macan GTS
  • Night Blue Metallic
  • Full Leather Black-Luxor Beige two-tone leather interior
  • Brushed aluminium interior package in black
  • Pano Roof
  • Aluminium Exterior Pack
  • Sport Chrono
  • 20-inch RS Spyder Design wheels
  • 8 way Sports Seats GTS
  • Seat Heating Front
  • Smoking Pack
What's nuts is that I can't seem to find any picture of Full Leather Black-Luxor Beige interior. I know there are a few black luxors hanging around, but partial ones not full.. The difference is obviously the contrast stitching but also the door panel colour is totally different. So here goes nothing.

Full black luxor

Partial black luxor

I previously owned a Dark Blue 981 Boxster S with Pebble interior. Loved it - but I must admit, this new car will be more geared towards a "family" lifestyle, and less of a "20 something single Londoner" lifestyle of my previous car. haha . So the rationale is the beige will be a tad more robust that the pebble.

No discounts.. something about demand and supply.. pfft..

Wish-list (in order) but I didn't pull the trigger due to lack of £££:
  1. Air suspension
  2. Active Cruise Control
  3. Lane Change Assist

Lastly, I'm thinking of getting full Xpel PPF for the car either from Signature Group or Exclusive Car Care.. Depending on pricing.

Welcome your inputs guys - I have a few more weeks until lockdown :)

husniamirullah2017-04-19 05:07:02

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Someone else posted pics of their NBM car recently and it looked great.
Interior not my bag, but at least it's not bright red!

No point saying (though I'm sure many will!) what you should or should not have added, as you've obviously done some research and know what you want.

goron592017-04-19 07:05:12
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome

Personally I would forgo the PPF and add more extras with the cash saved.

A bit of advice (1) check out actual 8 way seats via a test drive to be sure they are OK for you (2) RevCam, is not shown on your spec, do test drive a Macan again and try parallel parking, you will find rear quarter vision is very poor (3) PS+, another item not in your spec, it lightens steering load at low speed and progressively reduces to zero assist. Again test drive a Macan without PS+ to be sure, it is available as a retro fit if required later.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

Interior not my bag, but at least it's not bright red!

Oi! We love our partial garnet interior! From the red key, to the carmine paint to the garnet seats, all adds to the build up of excitement of pressing that PSE button and turning that key...

The luxor looks nice! and your spec looks good too! You're going to love the GTS!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

I agree with Col on the adding reversing camera and power steering plus - doesn't add a huge amount to the cost but both are very usable and helpful for resale.
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

Having owned our GTS for 4 months now, definately spec the surround cameras. Saved the alloys and rear bumper on a few occasions already!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
happy days

Post by happy days »

Surround cameras rule!
Macan S D
718 S
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

+1 for the surround camera - well worth having. Quick point on the interior: the partial leather black/luxor does have contrast stitching on the dash top, and it looks great. The door tops are not leather and therefore don't have it. That doesn't bother me at all, though some on here don't like the contrast between the plastic door tops and the dash. No one who has been in the car has ever commented on it!
Gone: Macan S petrol
Gone: Boxster S:
Now: 911 (991.2) Carrera S
husniamirullah

Post by husniamirullah »

Hey Col

Thanks for the tips!

Quick question, why did you suggest to check out the 8 way seat? Are some people finding it to firm or snug?
husniamirullah

Post by husniamirullah »

Welcome

Personally I would forgo the PPF and add more extras with the cash saved.

A bit of advice (1) check out actual 8 way seats via a test drive to be sure they are OK for you (2) RevCam, is not shown on your spec, do test drive a Macan again and try parallel parking, you will find rear quarter vision is very poor (3) PS+, another item not in your spec, it lightens steering load at low speed and progressively reduces to zero assist. Again test drive a Macan without PS+ to be sure, it is available as a retro fit if required later.

Hey Col

Thanks for the tips!

Quick question, why did you suggest to check out the 8 way seat? Are some people finding it to firm or snug?