GTS ordered: RARE full black luxor w/ Dark Blue

All your ordering information here!
VanB

Post by VanB »

Not everyone finds the 8 way seats comfortable but most do so worth checking which group you fall in to.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

I have the 8 way seats and i'm on the larger side of the gentlemen scale. Me and my short wife are both happy with the 8 way. They support us around corners and were more than comfy for the 5 hour drive the other day (and plush with seat heating!).

But as they say, they won't suit everyone!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
Paul

Post by Paul »

Col suffers from chronic back ache and find the lack of lumbar support an issue with the 8 ways.
Sit in them for youself to make sure they are OK for you.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
F82JB

Post by F82JB »

Try the guys at Reep Detailing for the Xpel!! Great company! Then Clydesdale for the finance, much cheaper than Porsche - great guys there too
Current: 911 Turbo
husniamirullah

Post by husniamirullah »

Welcome

Personally I would forgo the PPF and add more extras with the cash saved.

A bit of advice (1) check out actual 8 way seats via a test drive to be sure they are OK for you (2) RevCam, is not shown on your spec, do test drive a Macan again and try parallel parking, you will find rear quarter vision is very poor (3) PS+, another item not in your spec, it lightens steering load at low speed and progressively reduces to zero assist. Again test drive a Macan without PS+ to be sure, it is available as a retro fit if required later.

So... here's an update.

Got a call from Hatfield confirming that the car has a build slot of early August and will be here for delivery in September, with 67 plates.

Is it normal for them to be vague about the dates? Is it too much to ask for actual specific dates? Dead

I have also added SurroundView.. I can't believe I got bullied by into adding c.£1k onto my already ballooning budget.. haha I am looking at you Col and Ras!!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Re delivery dates, they're not being deliberately vague, they genuinely don't know with any degree of accuracy.
They'll know build slots to within a couple if weeks now, they'll then be able to tell when the car goes into build, when it exits the factory etc. After that the various transport systems. (train, ship, lorry) can take anywhere between 10 days to 3 weeks. Factor in a random QC somewhere along the line.......!
Dealerships will (in the main) underpromise to overdeliver, but until the vehicle is physically with them they are not in control of the situation.

PS..Col & Ras are well known as the forum spec bullies Paul2017-05-05 09:54:03
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

Dont make me edit your post Paul!! Wink

surround view is priceless! that GTA top down view as you're navigating a multistory car park in addition to the crazy beeping is so useful!

Yes, our build was over promised and under delivered. So dont worry, they're just trying to set that expectation level. even though you wont sleep waiting for your porsche to arrive!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

.....I have also added SurroundView.. I can't believe I got bullied by into adding c.£1k onto my already ballooning budget.. haha I am looking at you Col and Ras!!
Who me!!!!

Would not want anyone to spend their hard earned cash onlynto discover that with a bit of extra test driving (what hardship is that) then the final spec will meet all your requirements.

It would be far easier if people just ticked the boxes we advise to get the car to a reasonable level of inclusive extras to start off with.

To give a bit more detail to Paul's post

Lockdown is c6 weeks prior to build

Your build will take up to 3 working days

Then it goes into the compound for transportation

Now from the compound to your OPC takes from 7 to 30 days, the OPC cannot be definitive as there are to many variables, with about 20 days being the average and 7 days the fastest we have heard of on this forum, my own Turbo took 14 days.

Also at anytime the car is being built or on completion it can be taken out for extra QC checks, also once it is in the UK again it can be singled out to be shipped to Porsche UK at Reading for yet even more QC checks.

Hence too many unknowns.

The wait is agony but well worth the build up and anticipation, in the meatime can I suggest you download the Good Too Know App and read the manual (the GTK app is in fact the electronic manual).

Also you could read up on the Audio posts and use the information to get your SD cards and music sorted in readiness.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Paul said........PS..Col & Ras are well known as the forum spec bullies

Guilty as charged
.Col Lamb2017-05-05 12:51:11
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Hey guys
What's nuts is that I can't seem to find any picture of Full Leather Black-Luxor Beige interior. I know there are a few black luxors hanging around, but partial ones not full.. The difference is obviously the contrast stitching but also the door panel colour is totally different. So here goes nothing. 

Welcome your inputs guys - I have a few more weeks until lockdown :)

My VG 2017 S is partial black/luxor, full black/luxor wasn't an option pre 2017 price rise, as it is now. It does have the stitched dash that I wanted, and non leather door tops are fine imo, saves about £1k as well. Full luxor is OTT for me and would have liked the option of a cream, but in a dark car, luxor looks good, imo. I had the pebble/agate dash in my SD, so wanted a change.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16