GTS - All SeasonTyres ?

All your ordering information here!
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Just swopped from 20" full winters to summer 21"s and the difference is astounding.
The winters are super comfy soft grip in any temperature only reached -10 and an inch of snow this winter but the reassuring feeling of being prepared for such is priceless inmho

Summer tyres above 10 degrees feel twice as wide in the next 6 months..

Looks like you live in Wales, jonmacan, so you are the sort of Macan owner who deserves a set of winters ! Bet you look forward to the snow ❄️❄️❄️ !
That's right 95Bfan regularly passing the highest tarmac elevation in Wales is different everytime.
it can change 10 degrees in 40miles so winters are good insurance for the colder months.
A bit of a faff visiting my OPC every 6 months or so to drive a few different Porsche models for the day while they swap for Me.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.

95BFan

Post by 95BFan »

Just swopped from 20" full winters to summer 21"s and the difference is astounding.
The winters are super comfy soft grip in any temperature only reached -10 and an inch of snow this winter but the reassuring feeling of being prepared for such is priceless inmho

Summer tyres above 10 degrees feel twice as wide in the next 6 months..

Looks like you live in Wales, jonmacan, so you are the sort of Macan owner who deserves a set of winters ! Bet you look forward to the snow ❄️❄️❄️ !
That's right 95Bfan regularly passing the highest tarmac elevation in Wales is different everytime.
it can change 10 degrees in 40miles so winters are good insurance for the colder months.
A bit of a faff visiting my OPC every 6 months or so to drive a few different Porsche models for the day while they swap for Me.

Always nice to drive a few different Porkers :D !

Do they store the other set of wheels for you ?

jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Yes... £60 including vat a change over with free storage all year round.

Works for ME but all season tyres are an excellent compromise if you have no worries of extreme weather conditions.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

I have all season tyres on my VW T5 Caravelle and find that they are not only better in cold conditions but also in the wet, which I like as it provides added confidence when travelling with the family. I'd go for all seasons if I had the choice.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

I put AS tyres on my Suzuki and they transformed it in mud.

Had a great laugh last year watching three RRs get stuck on a damp field; all on road summer tyres.

If they aren't an option i'll be moving to Pirelli Scorpion Verdes (?) at first opportunity.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
VanB

Post by VanB »

I'm surprised nobody has yet jumped on this topic to tell everyone that AS tyres are the invention of Beelzebub and anyone thinking of having them needs to seek therapy forthwith!

BTW I have AS tyres and am a big fan so far
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Paul

Post by Paul »

I'm surprised nobody has yet jumped on this topic to tell everyone that AS tyres are the invention of Beelzebub and anyone thinking of having them needs to seek therapy forthwith!

BTW I have AS tyres and am a big fan so far

Well..... ........ now you come to mention it......
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
VanB

Post by VanB »

LOLLOLLOL
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

VanB wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:02 pm I'm surprised nobody has yet jumped on this topic to tell everyone that AS tyres are the invention of Beelzebub and anyone thinking of having them needs to seek therapy forthwith!BTW I have AS tyres and am a big fan so far
Well I've just replaced my all seasons (Goodyears) with new summers (Continentals). What a dramatic improvement. Every aspect is better, and they are so mch more re-assured when hooligan mode is switched on. I was happy with AS's as a concept until I did some 'sprited' driving, and their compromised qualities were all too obvious. If you just plod around you'll never realise, but if you want to chuck it about a bit, summers are so much better. I do have a spare set of wheels with AS's on and will fit them in the winter. I'll be going up some Tour de France mountain climbs in a few weeks time, so this change was essential.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

I've got all weathers on my Macan S on 19" wheels with PASM and they were good in the little bit of bad weather we had in Lincolnshire last winter on the mainly ungritted roads round here. And I have to say for everyday use this summer I have never felt they lack grip for any speed you could reasonably do on a public road. If you plan to try track days that might be different, but why would you want to take your own SUV on a track?
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric