Questions from a newbie!

All your ordering information here!
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Many thanks for your considered replies.  Maybe I'll ditch the Bose and spend more on surround cameras!

Both the sunroof and surround I highly recommend.
Both have been used regularly.

GTS 😀

Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Try to have a listen before you ditch the Bose.

Opinions vary widely, for me sound quality is important so I've gone for the Burmester, cheap compared to any decent domestic system.

I'd ditch the Pano roof first and i'm still uncertain about the surround cam.

If you get an opinion from everyone you will certainly be completely confused!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
andreas

Post by andreas »

Update: many thanks for all the helpful comments. I paid my deposit yesterday! A long wait though....
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

andreas wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:58 pm Update: many thanks for all the helpful comments. I paid my deposit yesterday! A long wait though....
Great news! Be prepared for long nights waiting for that magical delivery day!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

Congratulations! Spec looks good and quite similar to what I'm going for. I also removed the Bose and add surround view plus a couple of other bits.
pj191k89
andreas

Post by andreas »

It's a nightmare choice, isn't it? There are so many compelling "must have" options! I tried Surround View yesterday on a recent used Macan, and it was much better than I'd been led to expect. On the other hand, there are so many options which fit into my classification of "silly money" - the demo car I drove yesterday had black painted exhaust pipe trims, only £527....
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
happy days

Post by happy days »

Bargain!
Macan S D
718 S
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

My SE said don't waste money (unless you've got money to waste) on stuff like the exhaust tips or tinted rear light clusters, focus on things that you'll really benefit from and that will help resale. I scaled back my more frivolous option choices based on his advice. Apparently OPC SEs aren't rewarded on the value of options we choose so they can be more honest! Not sure how common that is among main dealers for other brands.
pj191k89
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Nobleman wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 4:02 pm My SE said don't waste money (unless you've got money to waste) on stuff like the exhaust tips or tinted rear light clusters, focus on things that you'll really benefit from and that will help resale. I scaled back my more frivolous option choices based on his advice. Apparently OPC SEs aren't rewarded on the value of options we choose so they can be more honest! Not sure how common that is among main dealers for other brands.
My SE told me the same that they dont get paid on options and extras. Not sure i 100% believe it but i did some test on CarWow with a few various German models.
The base model and one with around £6-7k of extras. There was very little discount given on the additional £6-7k. so could well be true that they dont get any extra commission...

Always spec what you want and like. Even if budget allows i would spec what i want and not for the next owner....
GTS 😀
happy days

Post by happy days »

My SE in Belfast said the same too.
Macan S D
718 S