Delivery Dilemma

All your ordering information here!
cheeky monkey

Post by cheeky monkey »

After ordering only two weeks ago, much to my surprise, I've been given an early July build slot, with late July, early August delivery.

Question is, do I wait for 1st September, or take early delivery in July/August?

Or is that just a matter of vanity........

2japs

Post by 2japs »

After ordering only two weeks ago, much to my surprise, I've been given an early July build slot, with late July, early August delivery.

Question is, do I wait for 1st September, or take early delivery in July/August?

Or is that just a matter of vanity........

You may have been given a cancellation slot, I suppose it's a case of do you want one early or not, I was offered an early slot but didn't suit the PCP I had on my XF at the time. I took delivery of mine on 13thMarch, so worked out fine .
What is your original build date?
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
ALEX

Post by ALEX »

I had that dilemma nearly 2 years ago, couldn't wait took delivery 22 August.
Don't know about vanity, after waiting 12 months just wanted to get driving a Macan and it has been brilliant.
Ordered August 2014 Delivery
hopefully September 2015
Code PG4CGYQ2
gjross

Post by gjross »

I don't believe a 'new reg' has quite the same feeling these days, especially on the 6 monthly cycle. It's not uncommon to see several cars with the new reg, on the 1st, out on the roads. At resale, my perception is people are more concerned with mileage than the reg plate.

If it were me, I'd be more keen to get the keys...
Z4M Coupe
X5 30d
520d Tourer
next... Macan GTS... Ordered... delivery Apr/May2018
Captain Sponge

Post by Captain Sponge »

I had a similar dilemma last summer, I took the keys and had hundreds of (s)miles on it before September, haven't regretted it so far.
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

Depends how long you will keep it. If you are keeping it for three years plus, mileage only real factor on resale for what will be a 2017 car. Any time shorter and it will make a difference, obviously bigger for the shortest length of tenure.
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
Paul

Post by Paul »

" New" reg will always have a better residual - if that's important to yoy and, as Virage says, the difference will reduce over time.
Personally, I would wait the extra 3 weeks, but we're all different.
To get an idea, if you're interested, pick up a Parkers guide or similar and look the difference in values of a Q5 / Cayenne on a 2014 / 14 plate relative to a 2014 / 64 .......those are the £s it will cost you for 3 weeks driving pleasure
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
gjross

Post by gjross »

.......those are the £s it will cost you for 3 weeks driving pleasure

I didn't think you could put a price on driving pleasure
Z4M Coupe
X5 30d
520d Tourer
next... Macan GTS... Ordered... delivery Apr/May2018
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

But it's not really a decision you have to make now. The date might change (forwards or backwards) once the order progresses so you can defer the decision to you have a firmer idea of when it will arrive.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Discuss with the dealer as they may have to satisfy quotas

This happens quite often, especially at the larger OPCs, no doubt its a cancellation build that you are being offered

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags