GTS has arrived !!

All your ordering information here!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Perhaps you should make a formal complaint to Porsche GB.

Wouldn't make a jot if difference sadly

Pendragon are so huge in the UK it really is a case of the tail wagging the dog! A quick look at the Pendragon operation here: http://www.pendragonplc.com demonstrates.

Porsche UK turnover around £700 M, Stratstone alone £1 600 M and they're just one division of Pendragon.

This is one of the issues manufacturers are faced with. They need big groups which can afford the investment they insist on but then can't control the day to day operation subsequently.

Anyhow, you got the charge waived, back on thread..... enjoy the pck-up on Friday, leave the PSE open...and take the long way home Paul2017-05-17 10:06:45
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Coley40

Post by Coley40 »

Cheers everyone for the comments.

Yes need to put this to bed now and hopefully enjoy my pick up and drive home
White GTS- collection May 2017
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5M4PW5
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Thanks for raising the issue, i'll be reading my invoice very carefully.
Not sure who the Colchester OPC is now, some paperwork says Lancaster and some Jardine. After 25 years the parts dept telephone number is still etched in my brain and working though!Tim92gts2017-05-17 10:39:53
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
MartinRS2K

Post by MartinRS2K »

Thanks for raising the issue, i'll be reading my invoice very carefully.
Not sure who the Colchester OPC is now, some paperwork says Lancaster and some Jardine. After 25 years the parts dept telephone number is still etched in my brain and working though!

Lancaster Motors is now part of the Jardine Motor Group
Macan GTS collected 28/10/17 - Carmine Red http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4B4758
991.2 GT3 Touring collected 24/03/18 - Carrara White Metallic http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ9T3NA0
997.2 GT3RS 2010 - Carrara White with Riviera Blue Decals and Wheels (Only 7,000 miles from New)
9Sandwiches

Post by 9Sandwiches »

Interesting, Stratstone is the only company I would never buy another car from after also trying to add fees and services on a Jag a few years ago.

They also tried to get out of a free service they had given with the purchase of a car, then a spare wheel mysteriously vanished on return of a vehicle.

I'm currently looking for a 911 and found one I was interested in which happened to be Bolton. After finding out who owned them, would rather keep looking!

Coley40

Post by Coley40 »

I have to say that apart from the Stratstone connection which I only became aware of following this post the SE has been very good since I ordered. Always responded promptly to queries and i never felt rushed when I've been down to see him. So apart from the charge which isn't his fault I must say they have been much better than the Mercedes garages I have had the pleasure of dealing with over the last 5 years.

He has set aside at least 2 hours on Friday to go through everything on the car which again is much better than the 15 mins at Mercedes which are basically the same as Ford and Vauxhall now

So overall I've been pleased by the service so far and hope this continues on Friday Coley402017-05-17 22:08:04
White GTS- collection May 2017
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5M4PW5
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Interesting, Stratstone is the only company I would never buy another car from after also trying to add fees and services on a Jag a few years ago.

They also tried to get out of a free service they had given with the purchase of a car, then a spare wheel mysteriously vanished on return of a vehicle.

I'm currently looking for a 911 and found one I was interested in which happened to be Bolton. After finding out who owned them, would rather keep looking!

I have to say I have been very pleased with Bolton - I'm on my 6th car from them. Let me know if you need me to do some introductions. Don't be put off just because they are part of Stratstone.

PM me if you like.

Arif
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

I have to say that apart from the Stratstone connection which I only became aware of following this post the SE has been very good since I ordered. Always responded promptly to queries and i never felt rushed when I've been down to see him. So apart from the charge which isn't his fault I must say they have been much better than the Mercedes garages I have had the pleasure of dealing with over the last 5 years.

He has set aside at least 2 hours on Friday to go through everything on the car which again is much better than the 15 mins at Mercedes which are basically the same as Ford and Vauxhall now

So overall I've been pleased by the service so far and hope this continues on Friday

That's really good. Much better than Mid Sussex, which is Synter Group. Synter rarely bother answering email and don't return calls until you've called at least 3 times. We got about 5 minutes of run through of the car on collection. Enough to synch the phones. I'd really have appreciated the type of service you've had. Enjoy collection. And do please share details of your experience as well as photos.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
9Sandwiches

Post by 9Sandwiches »

I have to say I have been very pleased with Bolton - I'm on my 6th car from them. Let me know if you need me to do some introductions. Don't be put off just because they are part of Stratstone.

PM me if you like.

Arif

Thats good of you, thanks!

Unfortunately I wouldn't give the company a second chance, it was that bad, never experienced anything like it.
Thanks again for the offer though.