Thinking of this ?

All your ordering information here!
SMC

Post by SMC »

I am currently looking at this ? No doubt it will change, which is the problem with the configurator, you keep going back and adding more !

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ1SC4D5

Dealer has indicated a September delivery as they say they have an early forward build slot ? whatever that means !
Current - 2018 GTS Carrera White
Gone - 2015 SD White

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Spec looks good.

Have included my general advice as follows.
My suggestion of the minimum fitments that I would include in any Macan is:-

14way seats .
Basic non GTS 8 way seats have a flat back and are not as comfortable as the upgrades, GTS 8 way seem more comfortable than standard, however do test drive a Macan fitted with the 8 way seats if considering retaining them.

Xenon lights .
Basic halogens are questionable in their capabilities, most owners with halogens regret not upgrading. If funds allow LEDs are a quantum leap improvement over Xenons.

PASM.
Gives adjustable suspension which results in a smoother ride and better handling capabilities, this really is the key inclusion to have to get the best ride and handling in a Macan.

20" wheels.
A personal choice, 20" gives a good compromise on looks, handling and kerb management.

PS+.
Lightens steering load at parking speeds then progressively reduces to zero assist at road speeds.

Spare wheel.
Plus two purchased cans of sealant / inflator gives options in the event of a flat and especially a damaged tyre/wheel.

Reversing camera.
Rear quarter vision is poor, to check out yourself in a test drive by parallel parking the demo car, if funds allow then Surround Camera is even better.

Interior light pack,
Replaces bulbs with LEDs for a more pleasing interior look and the all important illuminated mirrors.

Other popular inclusions are:-
Pano sunroof, lightens a dark interior
Tinted glass, purely for looks and it enhances the stealth look with blacked out trim
SD mirrors, an aesthetic choice often fitted ue to the questionable quality of standard mirror mount.
Colour matched sideblades, enhances look and will aid cleaning.
Roof rails, its an SUV so kind of expected, but looks equally great without
Heated seats, useful.
Heated steering wheel, a favourite of mine that gets used more than the heated seats.
Sports Chrono, gives dial in top centre of dash plus launch control and more aggressive gearbox and throttle maps.
Porsche Sports Exhaust, do note that PSE is an aural performance addition only and has no power increase benefits.
Leather upgrades, an almost universal upgrade on non GTS Macans.

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

Good model choice and great colour
#teamwhite

It's a good start but there is room for improvement (LED, spare wheel, PS+, surround cam) for the main ones
No worries, the members will help you to spend your money, they are very good at that but thanks to them we all ended up with a very nice config.

Also it seems with the "new" smoke package you will lose the 2 USB ports at the back, keep that in mind

Macan GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHWGUL86
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Nice spec, suggest definitely heated steering wheel, LED headlamps are the best if night time country A/B road driving and PS plus makes parking very easy. 😊
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Spud

Post by Spud »

Nice spec, would suggest adding the black door handles as they really finish the car well especially on White
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

Hi that's a nice spec and close to what I'd order if I was getting a GTS. Have you tried a car with lane change assist? I found the lights flashing very distracting.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Paul

Post by Paul »

Nice looking GTS and well specced up
Different ideas from different people will see you back to the configurator many many time!
Mine has the LEDs which, on the GTS, aren't a huge £ step from the standard xenons and probably worth it if you do night time driving on unlit A and B roads.
No -one's yet mentioned Sports Chrono so I'll chuck that into the mix ; no more power, I use mine extremely rarely but it might help desireability on re-sale (if that's a priority to you?)
I saw Spud's SD a while back and the black door handles do look nice on white; even more so on a GTS with all the other contrasts.
PS+ is a nice to have, didn't have it on my SD and Mrs Paul had no issues parking /around town but it was " negociated" onto my current GTS as a dealer fit and its OK.
SD mirrors look nice, etc etc.....
Not long till september!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

Mine has the LEDs which, on the GTS, aren't a huge £ step from the standard xenons and probably worth it if you do night time driving on unlit A and B road
Agreed. At only £480 I'd definitely go for those. For some reason they're £780 on the turbo. Once you've driven a car with adaptive headlights it is hard to imagine doing without.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

Great looking spec!

As a GTS owner i can tell you that we find the 8 way seats comfy! the standard Bi-Xenons are better than our last car. And the surround camera is the best thing you can put on the car! Especially if you drive around tight car parks or in central london!

The black handles would really set the look off!

And remember, whilst we used to recommend the smokers pack to cover the little hole in the centre console, remember it now deletes the USB ports in the rear and adds an ashtray there. Something to bear in mind!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Great looking spec!

As a GTS owner i can tell you that we find the 8 way seats comfy! the standard Bi-Xenons are better than our last car. And the surround camera is the best thing you can put on the car! Especially if you drive around tight car parks or in central london! 

The black handles would really set the look off! 

And remember, whilst we used to recommend the smokers pack to cover the little hole in the centre console, remember it now deletes the USB ports in the rear and adds an ashtray there. Something to bear in mind!

You are definately slipping.........there is no Carmine Red GTS image in your post.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags