Surround view - views?

All your ordering information here!
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

I suppose dirt on the rear camera is a consideration whichever of the two options I go for. But I admit I am OCD when it comes to keeping my cars clean, so if it does get dirty, it won't stay dirty for long. Smile
pj191k89

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I suppose dirt on the rear camera is a consideration whichever of the two options I go for.  But I admit I am OCD when it comes to keeping my cars clean, so if it does get dirty, it won't stay dirty for long. Smile 

Do you have a Macan?

I am assuming that you do not as yet.

There is no way of describing it other than the rear of a Macan is a dirt magnet, and I do not mean a small magnet in a speaker, nor do I mean one of those large ones you see in scrap yards, what I mean is a magnet that the hydron collider will be proud to have.

Such is the dirt attraction properties of the rear of a Macan.

So do buy extra quantities of cleaning materialsand an extra prescription of stress relief medication.

I cleaned mine yesterday, did 50 miles today nd the rear looks like I have been on the Dakar Rally.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

SV is obviously a good system and invaluable for difficult parking scenarios. I didn't spec it because I won't need it for 99% of my parking. Just been off & on the shuttle a few times and into underground car parks, no issues at all, never thought 'if only I had SV.' I did add the rv camera though, as much because this type of vehicle should have it as standard and it's a resale expectation. It's nice to see come on but I prefer use my mirrors. If you think you will need SV, then add it.Bigboyrolo2017-05-11 14:46:53
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

Do you have a Macan?

There is no way of describing it other than the rear of a Macan is a dirt magnet, and I do not mean a small magnet in a speaker, nor do I mean one of those large ones you see in scrap yards, what I mean is a magnet that the hydron collider will be proud to have.

So do buy extra quantities of cleaning materialsand an extra prescription of stress relief medication.

I cleaned mine yesterday, did 50 miles today nd the rear looks like I have been on the Dakar Rally.

Hmm, the salesman never mentioned this. Sounds like me and my obsession have met their match then. But its a very pretty rear end, I'll try to enjoy giving it so much attention.
pj191k89
boreas7

Post by boreas7 »

We went for surround view and find it excellent, you also get a front view, at low forward speeds, which is most helpful, not sure whether you get this feature with rear view camera only, but it certainly comes with surround view.

The whole thing makes parking and manouvering in tight spaces much less stressful.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Do you have a Macan?

Hmm, the salesman never mentioned this.  Sounds like me and my obsession have met their match then.  But its a very pretty rear end, I'll try to enjoy giving it so much attention.  

Its very frustrating that it gets so dirty so quickly.

But

When you drive it and put your foot down the last thing that comes to mind it the dirt being attracted to the car

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

We went for surround view and find it excellent, you also get a front view, at low forward speeds, which is most helpful, not sure whether you get this feature with rear view camera only, but it certainly comes with surround view.

The whole thing makes parking and manouvering in tight spaces much less stressful.

You can also technically switch this on at a junction so you can "peek" round the corners to see if the road is clear. But you have to press quite a few buttons to get to it! so i've never used that!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

Evil,

I have the diamond button on the steering wheel programmed for surround view - solves your issue. I agree with the other posters - surround view is thoroughly worthwhile.
Gone: Macan S petrol
Gone: Boxster S:
Now: 911 (991.2) Carrera S
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

At the moment I'm going to drop the Bose and go for SV. And I could upgrade from 14-way to sports seats and chuck in a collapsible spare wheel, and the net effect would be <£100 extra.
pj191k89
Paul

Post by Paul »

At the moment I'm going to drop the Bose and go for SV.  And I could upgrade from 14-way to sports seats and chuck in a collapsible spare wheel, and the net effect would be <£100 extra. 

Make sure you sit in a car with 18 ways first. Some find the side bolster a bit high and the squab is a bit narrower....depends how long in the leg and / or wide in the beam..... Paul2017-05-11 16:06:59
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465