Surround view - views?

All your ordering information here!
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

Yep good point. I've tried the 18-ways, they work for me and Noblewoman. Don't the rear seats also have a slightly higher side bolster? But we'll rarely have rear passengers so I'm thinking that's not really an issue.
pj191k89

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Evil,

I have the diamond button on the steering wheel programmed for surround view - solves your issue.  I agree with the other posters - surround view is thoroughly worthwhile.

+1

Works a treat

GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If you have done your homework by looking at the advice given on this site one point should be crystal clear.

Test drive a Macan with the seats, wheel size and suspension that you intend to specify.

We can advise all day but that is based on our own individual preferences and only you can tell which is best for you.

Also if you can I would hunt out a very basic equipted Macan, engine does not matter, you are searching for one with hardly any extras like no upgraded seats, no PASM, no PS+, and if possible one with 19" or larger wheels and this will give you a benchmark of just how stripped down a Macan can be before you add the extras that transform the car.

Spec wisely
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
notsomadmick

Post by notsomadmick »

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Paul, thanks for digging up that thread - v helpful.

Think I might ditch Bose surround for SV. Leaves some pounds to fund a little something else too.

BOSE is not worth the money. Full stop.
Find something else to buy - like a touring holiday in your Macan... Smile
911 SC Sport
986 Boxster S X2
987 Boxster
997 Carrera
997.1 GT3
Cayenne D
991 Carrera
Macan X 5 (SD X2 + GTS X3)
981 Spyder - current
Macan (GTS) baby number '6' born 09/17 in my ideal spec http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4KEEA1
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

I agree and would love to have the £ to spend on something else but it is included in the base price of the car I'm getting. Heavens knows why - LEDs, SC or something else performance related would make more sense.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Other opinions are available LOL

Of course it's free on some Macans, so not an issue!

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Yep good point.  I've tried the 18-ways, they work for me and Noblewoman.  Don't the rear seats also have a slightly higher side bolster?  But we'll rarely have rear passengers so I'm thinking that's not really an issue.

The 18 ways rear do have a slightly higher bolster but it's very little.
Kids seats fit perfectly in the back and also adults fine too.

we love our 18 ways but found 14 perfectly fine when testing too.
The main thing is you have tried them.
GTS 😀
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

Yep good point. I've tried the 18-ways, they work for me and Noblewoman. Don't the rear seats also have a slightly higher side bolster? But we'll rarely have rear passengers so I'm thinking that's not really an issue.

The 18 ways rear do have a slightly higher bolster but it's very little.
Kids seats fit perfectly in the back and also adults fine too.

we love our 18 ways but found 14 perfectly fine when testing too.
The main thing is you have tried them.

And to make it even more confusing we find the 8 way standard GTS seats great! And we've heard people who actually like the standar 8/6 way seats!

The take away from this is try before you buy!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
notsomadmick

Post by notsomadmick »

The 8 way seats are definitely good - particularly so, if they make a comfy snug fit.
I had them on my last GTS and basically liked them. (The alcantara also grips you more than leather.)

However, I'm quite slim (and IMO) the leather looks richer. So this time I went 18 way - with leather.
For me, the 18 ways can be adjusted to hold me tightly into the seat - which to me, makes me feel much more like I'm part of the car, rather than a passenger along for the ride. (IMO.)

notsomadmick2017-05-12 10:49:55
911 SC Sport
986 Boxster S X2
987 Boxster
997 Carrera
997.1 GT3
Cayenne D
991 Carrera
Macan X 5 (SD X2 + GTS X3)
981 Spyder - current
Macan (GTS) baby number '6' born 09/17 in my ideal spec http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4KEEA1