Finalising GTS spec

All your ordering information here!
964steve

Post by 964steve »

I have a GTS on order and need to try and finalise my spec to avoid any delays in my build position. So just wondered if anyone has any comments. I am pretty set on my budget not going over 65k so have to stop somewhere. I was going to have the 18way seats but have had to compromise with the wife on that to the 14way (i will need lumbar support). Then also i decided to drop the bose from my original but go full leather instead for a few pennies more. I know the pano roof is missing but that is a definite choice and we'll be keeping the car for quite a few years (i've had my xc90 nearly 10...) i imagine so not too bothered about the re-sale side of that.

I am sure there are many different opinions and i've read through all the similar posts, including the what to spec one. So really it is just to share and get a sanity check and people round here do seem to enjoy seeing what others have gone for.

Steve

Paul

Post by Paul »

Seems as if you've thought it through pretty wellsnd listened (or not!) to the various opinions on here.
Luxor looks nice (not my fave but it looks well against the VG)
Re the 14 ways, I had them in my SD and they were great but not quite so " hugging" as the sport seats in the GTS (standard or 18 way) and maybe look a little out of place in the GTS? (being a bit picky possibly )
Sanity check, tick!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
964steve

Post by 964steve »

Thanks for the reply. My only nagging doubt is the seats but my wife didn't like the bolsters. I'll try again!
Interestingly though when I put the 18 way back the configurator shows the 14way in the "other gts customers chose" section. But it doesn't do that the other way round.
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Reference the 14 way sets in the GTS. Just go for it. I went for the 14 way in mine as that is what the other half preferred but I must admit I do like them and find they fit me just fine without the problem of a bolster that will likely wear over the years.
Then again, as a GTS buyer I was non standard in terms of wheels (not RS Spyders) and interior (pebble/agate). Will it impact resale? Who knows? I buy a car based on what I/we need not the next buyer.
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Spec to suit yourselves.

For most of the time the 14 way will fit just right, only being a bit lacking in support when really pushing it.

The bolsters on 18 way can be a very snug fit and getting in and out with them can be a bit challenging for shorter people, my Wife who is 5'2" struggled with the 18 ways we had in various demo carsCol Lamb2017-05-18 23:21:09
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Your spec looks good. I have 14 way seats and find them very comfortable.

I've on this forum (though don't know for sure - so do check) that you now lose the USB ports in the rear if you spec the smokers pack. If that matters to you (it would to me as I have kids with tablets) then it's worth investigating further.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

A few comments - most important first.
You haven't ticked the sports exhaust option, without the tick in the box, you won't have it, It's free so tick that box.
14 way seats are fine for us, being very old, much easier to get in and out, and just as comfy (I had 18 way on Macan No1).
No Bose or Pano, good call to save cost.
I would add the speed display at £252 - a license saver imo and it works so well. Esp on unrestricted autobahns.

IMG_8979.JPG

I would consider the Heat/Noise glass, an extra £430ish, particularly without a sunroof, you'll have a quiet powerful car. Tint is the same, so I'm told.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
964steve

Post by 964steve »

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to sick with 14 way seats. SE confirmed smoker pack now deletes rear USB so will remove that as the kids will need those and I prefer that to plug in things that tend to walk...
Regarding the sports exhaust the SE told me the option is only to make the tail pipes chrome and if you don't tick it then it comes as standard with black tail pipes.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

OK, yes of course, standard fit with black pipes, thought I'd spotted a prblem for you.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16