Bose - worth it over standard speakers?

All your ordering information here!
sdgreenwood

Post by sdgreenwood »

Hi

Just about to submit my final spec for GTS (switched from SD) is the Bose system worth inclusion, in summary is it much better than the standard speakers?

Regards

Si
GTS/Rhodium/Black-Garnet Red two-tone leather/21" black sport classics

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ28KXQ5

Nasher

Post by Nasher »

I had the standard system on my Macan S, now I have a Turbo with Bose as standard. I wouldn't pay extra for the Bose, the standard system is very, very good. In fact if I were blindfolded and put in a car with Bose and one with the standard system I would struggle to tell them apart.
Last edited by Nasher on Mon May 29, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petrol S - Sold
Turbo PP - Sold
Next - 718 GT4?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Put a few of your favourite tracks on an SD card and go to your dealers and listen to them in a brace of Macans, one on standard the other with Bose.

Only you can decide.

I had Bose in my SD and liked it, its standard in the Turbo I now have and the sound is better than the system in the SD.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Yea, you do have to test it yourself to decide. Not just in the showroom but on the move as the way they deal with cabin noise is different.

I went for BOSE after Burm on my first Macan and slightly wish I'd stayed with Burm. I can only imagine the horror that is standard audio, but that's just me :)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

The std system sounds excellent. The best in car sound I have ever heard. I think mainly it is due to how quiet the Macan is on the road so there is very little other noise interference
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Always worth trying it but the standard system in the Macan was upgraded and is very good. I did not pay the extra to upgrade (even though budget allowed)
Not sure if Nasher and Col lamb original cars had the new standard system which is an improvement over old?
Try it and see what you think. Make sure you have some good quality tracks to try on an SD card as per Col comments above πŸ‘
GTS πŸ˜€
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Kasfranks99 wrote: ↑Tue May 30, 2017 7:39 am Always worth trying it but the standard system in the Macan was upgraded and is very good. I did not pay the extra to upgrade (even though budget allowed)
Not sure if Nasher and Col lamb original cars had the new standard system which is an improvement over old?
Try it and see what you think. Make sure you have some good quality tracks to try on an SD card as per Col comments above πŸ‘
I have not owned a Macan without Bose being installed but did test out stationary and on the move the standard audio systems in a pair of Macans, both of which were good, but certainly not as good as the Bose, whether its worth the cost of the upgrade only the Op can decide.

Do note that I refer to standard audio as "both of which were good", the original standard audio was upgraded for the current MY17 model, whilst the number of speakers and amp power was reduced apparently the performance of the new amp is superior to that in the original Macan and whilst there was a few months between he two tests I did prefer the audio quality of the second Macan (MY17 model) to the first Macan I drove.

As I suggested it s well worth thesting out both system before deciding if there is doubt.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
LVision

Post by LVision »

Agree it's very much down to Personal taste. We had a Cayenne S whilst our Macan S went in for its 1st Service and the Cayenne had the Bose stereo. It was ok but was it significantly better over the standard system in the Macan certainly not to my ear. Glad I saved the option price and could use it on other add-ons. Just my two-Penneth others mileage may differ.
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

You should try both the standard and Bose. I preferred the Bose and ordered that. It really is personal choice.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

If you're driving a GTS you don't need a sound system. Just listen to the engine, it sounds fantastic :D

Often, and especially in Sports mode, I turn the volume down and listen to the noise being produced - and that's in a diesel.

Mind you, the screams of "he's killing us with all those fumes" does spoil the occasion :D
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver