Sport is all I really need

All your ordering information here!
SAW

Post by SAW »

So 2k miles has come and gone and I have been trying my Sports+ button. Yes the launch control is addictive (3 x now) but I am not a paddles guy and I just think it is too much for any of my driving. That being said I do prefer the dampers on Sports+ setting.
I am wondering was it that I felt I should tick the Sports Chrono option because I ticked the PTV+ box or should I have really researched my first Porsche purchase better and opted for air over the plastic clock on the dash!
I am starting to think of my next car recognising there will be a long waiting list and feel I need to test a Turbo PP to gauge how great the GTS is ... agility over grunt.
Macan GTS MAR17 http://www.porsche-code.com/PHKXZIH5

Retired

Post by Retired »

PP has same chassis set up as the GTS so will be like the GTS but ( quite a lot )faster!
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

Not sure I understand the relevance of the paddles comment since they come with every Macan. What I liked about sport+ in relation to the gearbox is that it almost always had the car in the right gear when pressing on so use of the paddles was less necessary. I'm not convinced about the wart on the dashboard and if there was a factory option to have sport+ without the clock I probably would have done that. But since the cost of dealer fit sport+ isn't that far from the factory option I went with the latter with half and eye on resale and the other on avoiding the dealer pulling the centre console trim apart.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
goron59

Post by goron59 »

That you question suspension vs a clock suggests I don't understand some people :-)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Me neither!
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
steve w

Post by steve w »

Don't really see the comparison there between suspension and a clock :shock:
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I've never seen much point in SC, even on a 911. My C4S had it and I found it pretty pointless for road use. If I was pressing on I'd drive it in manual anyway and then you could hardly tell the difference between S and S+ modes. Sure in auto it makes the gear change strategy super aggressive, but I can easily live without that. So I won't be ordering SC on my Macan for sure.
norfolk & idea

Post by norfolk & idea »

Peteski wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:10 pm I've never seen much point in SC, even on a 911. My C4S had it and I found it pretty pointless for road use. If I was pressing on I'd drive it in manual anyway and then you could hardly tell the difference between S and S+ modes. Sure in auto it makes the gear change strategy super aggressive, but I can easily live without that. So I won't be ordering SC on my Macan for sure.
My thoughts too. I have it on my 911 also but didn't spec it for our Macan GTS, pointless IMO. The only time I've used it in the 911 is for impressing pals with launch control. I've had a play about with the Macan and I'm able to launch pretty well in sport mode with brake and throttle. Which impressed my wife hugely (not) as its pretty much her car.....
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

+1 re SC. Albeit I don't currently have it I'm actively considering the next one and really don't see the point for such a marginal gain. As for the paddles - I use them regularly for pre-prep, hill descents etc.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
goron59

Post by goron59 »

norfolk & idea wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:30 pm I've had a play about with the Macan and I'm able to launch pretty well in sport mode with brake and throttle. Which impressed my wife hugely (not) as its pretty much her car.....
I'd take a dim view of anyone doing that to my car also. Wise woman.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR