Potential new owner...

All your ordering information here!
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Completely agree on GTS special black aluminium if you like black. Pictures of mine viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5239
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8

Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Thanks for the input guys - much appreciated.

Ok, so the confession is that the spec is for a second hand car that I had seen that had most of what I wanted so I was thinking of beating the wait by paying list or thereabouts for a car with a few miles on clock..... I say "was" as today has changed my mind.

Wandered in to Porsche Mayfair - as you do after a meeting. Decided that I don't want the sports seats - it was the climbing into them and the snugness when in. So as virtually every second hand model has them I will have to order new to my own spec and put up with the wait. To be honest if I am waiting, I will wait till March and have one when weather improves.

Slight wobble on whether there is enough space inside - and in boot for the dog but sure I can live with it. May just have to change my station car for something more dog friendly too...

So now to find a good dealer that I want to deal with - I live in Hemel but don't fancy Hatfield or West London so maybe go north to old pastures and go to Sheffield or Nottingham. Or maybe Guildford or Reading.....

And then to try and spec what I want / need without going too far over my self imposed spending limit!!!
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

MCDK wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:37 pm Hi Ian and welcome to the Macan forum. We have been chatting over on F30Post.

Looks a nice spec you have put together but a few suggestions.

As Col has said PS+ is a nice addition and makes low speed manoeuvres easy. Also go for the spare wheel. I didn't do ACC and don't miss it with my driving.

I would save some money and drop the air suspension. I have 21s on steel and it's a great drive and that is me always driving in sport. I find comfort too soft so can't see air is needed on a GTS. Also I wouldn't upgrade the seats, I'm not small and about the same weight as you and the GTS 8 way are excellent. Remember on this forum you will read negative comments about the 8 way seats being rather flat but that is on the S and SD models, the 8 ways that the GTS gets as standard are different designs totally.

Also I know you don't like black wheels and I'm not a major fan of them either but did choose them for my car. Have you considered the titanium sports classics for your car, little bit darker than the silver you have chosen and would tie in nicely with all the darker GTS features.

Anyway get the order in mate, you can always refine right up to lock down date. You deserve a little treat for yourself!!

David
Thanks David.

They had an Agate grey S in the showroom today with said wheels. I may have changed my view on black wheels. Still think I prefer sport design best though...
TobyJug

Post by TobyJug »

Welcome Ian

Being in the same position as yourself, I would add to the Colonel's excellent run down of the buying procedure that you should also be offered a test drive of at least 24hrs by the OPC. We are hoping to arrange this next week through Reading and this should hopefully answer a lot of the questions such as which seats and sound systems we can live with.