Decisions, decisions..........

All your ordering information here!
cheeky monkey

Post by cheeky monkey »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:57 pm You are more patient than me!

Have you been to see it? Or have they sent you photos or a video of it?
No, not seen it.

It's going to be a long six and a half weeks, for no other reason than pure vanity on my part......

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I would have words with your SE as to why they did not know when it was being built.

Your OPC Admin has access to the production schedules.

IMG_2577.PNG

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
steviemac1969

Post by steviemac1969 »

Hi 'cheeky monkey' (not my usual greeting on emails!!)

I am in the same position, I was expecting the 4th of August but my GTS is at the dealership.

I had pretty much decided on waiting until the 1st of September for the new plate but the dealer is coming up with a few interesting offers, including a competitive finance offer against Clydesdale.

I will need to make my mind up tomorrow, there is no sensible reason to rush this but I am a sucker for a new toy and very limited patience.

Are you still holding out for Sept?

Not the worst of problems to have.....but still.

Best of luck
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome!

If your Porsche dealer will match the 4.2% APR of Clydesdale, you are doing very well!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
steviemac1969

Post by steviemac1969 »

Hi Wing Co,

Not matched % wise but when you look at the overall cost 36 month term) it is circa 1% uplift.
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

steviemac1969 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:04 pm Hi Wing Co,

Not matched % wise but when you look at the overall cost 36 month term) it is circa 1% uplift.
are you including the balloon in that - ie higher balloon so lower monthlies but then less equity at the end?
steviemac1969

Post by steviemac1969 »

are you including the balloon in that - ie higher balloon so lower monthlies but then less equity at the end?
Yes Isleaiw, this includes the ballon. The ballon is matched on the Porsche offer and the monthly increase is less than £30 a month, so in the grand scheme of things, no great uplift.

There is some benefit on closing off the finance on my current car but the downside being, if I do it now, I miss out on the new plate.
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

steviemac1969 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:30 am
Yes Isleaiw, this includes the ballon. The ballon is matched on the Porsche offer and the monthly increase is less than £30 a month, so in the grand scheme of things, no great uplift.

There is some benefit on closing off the finance on my current car but the downside being, if I do it now, I miss out on the new plate.
36 x 30 = the accountant in me reckons £1080 is worth having. Would pay for extended leather in my car if you dont want it.....

I think new plates have lost their shine now - in fact I think the March plates look better than the Sept plates. Mine will have a private plate on so its irrelevant to me apart from maybe a few quid on residual (alot less than £1k)
steviemac1969

Post by steviemac1969 »

36 x 30 = the accountant in me reckons £1080 is worth having. Would pay for extended leather in my car if you dont want it.....

I think new plates have lost their shine now - in fact I think the March plates look better than the Sept plates. Mine will have a private plate on so its irrelevant to me apart from maybe a few quid on residual (alot less than £1k)
It is not actually that high (35 months and less than £30) but still in the £800 bracket.

The upside is that I am not left with the hassel of returning or selling my current car which is currently a little underwater (around a grand). That could however right itself in a month.

If I do not take the Porsche finance, then I am left with filling the gap on my existing car - so I guess I could look at it as saving a bit of money on my existing losses and spreading the cost for free!!

I agree that the new plate focus (for me) is pure vanity, in a few months time, it will be meaningless.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Out of interest, Stevie, what APR are Porsche quoting on this finance deal?

Thanks.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018