Decisions, decisions..........

All your ordering information here!
cheeky monkey

Post by cheeky monkey »

steviemac1969 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:48 pm Hi 'cheeky monkey' (not my usual greeting on emails!!)

I am in the same position, I was expecting the 4th of August but my GTS is at the dealership.

I had pretty much decided on waiting until the 1st of September for the new plate but the dealer is coming up with a few interesting offers, including a competitive finance offer against Clydesdale.

I will need to make my mind up tomorrow, there is no sensible reason to rush this but I am a sucker for a new toy and very limited patience.

Are you still holding out for Sept?

Not the worst of problems to have.....but still.

Best of luck
Yup, still holding out for 1st September (first world problem).

It's arrived and I can "see" it via PCC, just sat there! Already has 16 miles on the clock!

I think they'd like me to take it early, to suit them, but that's just making me more determined to wait. Five weeks on Friday.

Already got some excursions planned around that weekend.

I was offered 4.9% finance by Porsche, but politely declined it, along with everything else they've tried to flog me.

Interested in gap and wheel/tyre, but not at their prices!

Stay strong.

steviemac1969

Post by steviemac1969 »

Out of interest, Stevie, what APR are Porsche quoting on this finance deal?
Wing Co - Thye have not altered the APR, it is 6.8%. What they have done is find a few grand to add to my deposit.

Considering my PX started out lower than my settlement, this is tempting.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

steviemac1969 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:43 pm
Out of interest, Stevie, what APR are Porsche quoting on this finance deal?
Wing Co - Thye have not altered the APR, it is 6.8%. What they have done is find a few grand to add to my deposit.

Ah, the old finance incentive! :)

Porsche don't do 'discounts' (in the UK at least) and I think the OPC is unable to reduce the APR on their (VW) finance... Seems like they're making an effort for you & your business. πŸ‘
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

cheeky monkey wrote: ↑Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:29 pm I was offered 4.9% finance by Porsche, but politely declined it, along with everything else they've tried to flog me.

Interested in gap and wheel/tyre, but not at their prices!

Crikey! Offered 4.9% APR by Porsche! Best offer I've heard and pretty close to the likes of Clydesdale! :o

Some on here have gone for wheel/tyre cover from the OPC and rate it quite highly. One or two (including Steve W) got a decent inclusive deal for wheel, tyre and gap cover. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
steviemac1969

Post by steviemac1969 »

I took the 'stay strong' advice cheeky monkey - told them this morning I'd wait until Spetember.

To be fair, they have been pretty pragmatic about the whole thing, not pushy....unlike Mercedes a few years back when I nearly walked out whilst trying to order the car. They were more interested in shifting their stock than selling me the car I wanted.

I have been really imoressed with Porsche Silverstone so far.
asad1989

Post by asad1989 »

anyone on here got a discount from porsche on a macan at all?
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

asad1989 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:45 am anyone on here got a discount from porsche on a macan at all?
What do you call discount?
GTS πŸ˜€
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Discount on a Porsche you say......No Way! I have always been able to get a deal on previous new car purchases - BMW, Mercedes etc. Tried five different English OPCs and not a penny off!! So I bought my first brand new Porsche for cash. That way my man brain said I've save Β£6245 in finance charges [with an exorbitant 7.1% rate] = 11% discount. With Investment return on cash being pretty crappy too, so maybe less 1 to 2% on a good day / year currently. Still a "10% discount".

Oh! I did get - a full 75-lite tank of fuel, perspex framed photo of my new car together with Porsche branded: memory stick, a pair of coffee mugs and two carrier bags - Whoopeeee!

But hey, the biggest deal was a fabulous Macan which is sublime.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

SAC1 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:20 am Discount on a Porsche you say......No Way! I have always been able to get a deal on previous new car purchases - BMW, Mercedes etc. Tried five different English OPCs and not a penny off!! So I bought my first brand new Porsche for cash. That way my man brain said I've save Β£6245 in finance charges [with an exorbitant 7.1% rate] = 11% discount. With Investment return on cash being pretty crappy too, so maybe less 1 to 2% on a good day / year currently. Still a "10% discount".

Oh! I did get - a full 75-lite tank of fuel, perspex framed photo of my new car together with Porsche branded: memory stick, a pair of coffee mugs and two carrier bags - Whoopeeee!

But hey, the biggest deal was a fabulous Macan which is sublime.
Your discount was the freebies........Porsche branded: memory stick, a pair of coffee mugs and two carrier bags.

A full tank and the photo thingy is standard, also expect a Pylon in the post at some stage, if they are still doing that.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Cheeky Monkey - you made the right decision in waiting - that's what I've done previously and it really does help with residuals as my history of cars is not keeping them more than 8 months and I've pretty much driven 6/7 Porsches for next to nothing by choosing the right model with a modest amount of extras!
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S