GTS spec

All your ordering information here!
rjw84

Post by rjw84 »

All,

I've been an avid reader of the forum over the last few months, and it has been immensely helpful in persuading us to purchase a Macan GTS, as well as make preliminary decisions on the spec.

I have a GTS ordered, due in October, and need to finalise the spec by the end of the week.

We are upgrading from a 2007 Cayman as we have our first child on the way. I've loved driving it so much that I now have committed to spending an obscene amount of money on an SUV (I know, I know a Macan is not simply another SUV!).

Anyhow here is our spec - PJNGSGH0. Particularly interested in comments on the full leather seats (especially with a new born), whether the interior lighting is necessary and whether we should opt for LED lights.

Thanks in advance for the comments

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I don't have a GTS but have a view on a couple of points. I think the full leather transforms the car interior and makes it feel a luxurious place to be, so well worth it in my view. In terms of the light package, something I feel I could easily have lived without, but an inexpensive option. Enjoy the GTS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Welcome to the GTS club.
Leather....yes (unless you like the alcantara) and as much as you want to afford. I went for the full £2.5K GTS interior which is probably OTT in terms of value for money......😉
Also, full leather us probably easier to wipe down than alcatara with the little one in mind.
Interior light pack is only a few hundred quid, gives illuminated sun visors (no illumination otherwise) and a more modern LED look inside and some light in the footwell (plus LED number plate lamps)
LED lights are fantastic - but the xenons are fine too. I went fir the LEDs as it's nit a huge jump on the GTS compared to an S for example.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Welcome. The answers to your questions are yes, yes and yes.

Tick all 3 boxes, you won't regret it.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I also agree on all three boxes (and I have the GTS interior too!).
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome and great spec. I also went full GTS interior and even though expensive very nice indeed. You can also remove the white dials as the full GTS interior gives you a centre white dial as well as the silver seat belts which brightens the interior.

Agree with all of Paul's comments above on leather, led lights etc.

Things to consider
Privacy glass - great at reducing the amount of sunlight in the back for the kids but I see you have the sun blinds. Obviously rear window will not be dark.

Auto dimming mirrors worth a consideration and is a very popular item on most cars these days.

Side airbags - very handy especially with little one in the back. Hope they are never used.

Porsche crest on headrest. - make sure you have seen what this looks like. It's not to everyone's taste. There are some pictures somewhere on this forum.

Whatever you pick it's an absolute joy to drive and when you are on your own you can have a little fun. Enjoy 👍
Last edited by Kasfranks99 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

You will have read previously that comments on the 8 way seating is to ensure that you try them for yourself before you lockdown the spec.

Everything else in your spec is a good choice but would agree with Kas about the points he raises.

Privacy glass would be better than the blinds, we often have our Grandkids in our Turbo and the PG does work well.

Build is c6 weeks after lockdown and delivery is between 7&30 days.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

I had the Porsche crests on my first SD (I think the pics are in my signature somewhere) but on a GTS, surely you'd want to retain the GTS logo?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

On the GTS interior, rev counter is silver or red (depending on GTS interior colour). GTS embroidered on headrests so I wouldn’t go for Porsche crest. My picture thread might help as I highlight options: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5239
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8