Petrol S or GTS - discuss

All your ordering information here!
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

Chaque-un a son goût, as they say in Leipzig. I had the same dilemma. For the options I chose on my S, I could've had a GTS for another £1500.

After a lot of thought, I stuck with my original choice and after a belt round in both at Silverstone a couple of days ago, I'm perfectly happy with my choice.

But then again, I'm an old fart (as opposed to a young fart)!

Photo coming on 1st September

Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I've had both. The GTS is better.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I've driven both and if I wasn't stretching for the Turbo or PP I'd have the 2.0 :-)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:37 pm
Nobleman wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:59 pm I've been toying with going GTS rather than S. The lockdown date on my S is 2 weeks away.

But I'm a cash buyer and I intend to keep it. The equivalent GTS with my chosen S options included would be about £5k more and I'm not sure I'll see that coming back to me when I do eventually move it on. So I see derekm's point re the PCP residual value, but its not such a no-brainer when it comes to an old-fashioned cash purchase and a long-term keeper.

Obviously that's just the financial aspect. I'm fully aware there's the GTS vs S enjoyment and fun aspect too. Which is why I haven't ruled anything out with 2 weeks to go...
Have you confirmation from your OPC that if you switch that there will be no delay?

OPCs are not allocated Macans, they are allocated Macans by numbers of variants x SD, y S, z GTS etc.
It's a good point. I haven't checked since placing the order but I'd expect to miss this quarter if I were to switch. The fact that I haven't is probably a sign of my thinking.
pj191k89
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I would say go with GTS if budget allows. especially if you have added a number of the default extras to an S. That's exactly how I decided to go for a GTS. Yes it was a few ££ extra but as A cash buyer just like Nobleman my advise is do it once, get it right and enjoy it. Keep it for as long as you like without any second thoughts. If it's PCP then more thought has to go into it as it can really cost you some considerable money over the period of finance.

I even went full GTS interior which is certainly not worth the money but it's lovely and I have a very big smile on my face before I even start the engine. And for the next x years 😀
Whatever is chosen I would say the Macan is generally a great drive. Even the diesel I drove I thoroughly enjoyed.
GTS 😀
steviemac1969

Post by steviemac1969 »

am very surprised by the results of the petrol cars. I would be going for a high spec car with, for example, air suspension, LED lights, surround view and 14 way seats and Carmine red bodywork. Obviously, the GTS starts out at a higher list price but it comes with many of the goodies either included or at a lower option price. At the end of my 3 year PCP plan, the residual value of the GTS is £5,557 greater than the S. Largely as a result of this, the monthly payments on the GTS are £648.50 per month versus £642.83 for the S, although the deposit on the GTS would be £1,602 higher at £16,278.
Hello Derekm, if not too rude a question, could you tell me the ball park figure for the cost of the vehicle you are quoting those numbers against? the monthly payments are quite a bit lower than what I am looking at (admittedly with a lower deposit). I have however got carried away ticking boxes, so I may have a higher starting position circa £71.5K prior to VED.
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Have you read goron's recent (excellent) review on the new Volvos? ;)
Last edited by Macandriver on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

goron59 has written a good Volvo review too! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:28 pm goron59 has written a good Volvo review too! ;)
Oops. Damned autocorrect! Error manually corrected. :oops:
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016