Environment (Umwelt) Zone permit - Factory Collections

All your ordering information here!
Beausoleil100

Post by Beausoleil100 »

Guy wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:27 am It's easy to purchase the Austrian vignette (for about €8.50 for 8 days) at a petrol station either near the border or just inside Austria - there are plenty of signs to remind you. Unlike the Umwelt sticker no vehicle documents are needed.

And in case you can't see the Umwelt sticker in my Avatar, here's a bigger copy! :D

1. Plansee.JPG
But how did you get it? Presumably you collected from Leipzig, which isn't yet an Umwelt Zone as far as I know, so I wouldn't expect a sticker to be provided as a matter of routine. Were you provided sufficient documentation in advance to apply for it before you flew out?

Guy

Post by Guy »

Long story but I collected my car from Porsche Mayfair and then drove to Bavaria Germany where I lived at the time. My umwelt sticker was obtained by my employer on my behalf.

As I think I said in an earlier post the easiest and cheapest way to get hold of the sticker is to drive to a TUV-SUD Centre (http://www.tuev-sued.de/auto_fahrzeuge/ ... nd/england) with your registration certificate.

If you look at the 'station finder' in the above link, the nearest TUV centre to Zuffenhausen* is about 5km away here: http://www.tuev-sued.de/hauptuntersuchu ... 3404071680 and is even open on Saturdays.

There is no electronic detection of Umwelt stickers hence no risk of being fined in transit, hence you could pick any TUV station en route for convenience.

(* When searching, rather than Zuffenhausen, enter the Porscheplatz postcode of '70435')
Beausoleil100

Post by Beausoleil100 »

Apologies, I had only read as far as: "you will receive your emissions sticker in the post without delay", which did not solve my problem. At least I now know I have the option to buy a sticker over the counter and, as you suggest, en route to Stuttgart. If the car we are collecting in Stuttgart has a sticker or one can be arranged, problem solved. But even if not, we'll be heading straight onto the (exempt) Autobahn towards France afterwards,

Thank you for helping to cross one more concern off my list.