Environment (Umwelt) Zone permit - Factory Collections

All your ordering information here!
Paul

Post by Paul »

I know it's only pence, but there are many websites out there charging multiple times the official price for these stickers.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Beausoleil100

Post by Beausoleil100 »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 pm
I bought a stcker, from the Website, €32 for 3 days in and around Stuttgart. I phoned the hotel and they said I would need it for their area (Gerlingen). If here again I wouldn't bother, even if stopped, and thete are lots of polce about, as you say I think we could plead ignorance .
Eh? I was led to believe a sticker could be bought certainly for less than 10 euros and does not expire. My only problem was how to apply for one the required weeks in advance without the registration details and docs. I won't bother. I'll get some special pants made up to get rid of the dirt in the courtyard while we tunnel out if worse comes to worst. :D
Beausoleil100

Post by Beausoleil100 »

Paul wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 pm I know it's only pence, but there are many websites out there charging multiple times the official price for these stickers.
I've seen some warnings about exactly that. Always best to start out at the official website for the city in question and be redirected from there. Thanks for the tip.
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Beausoleil100 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 pm That's interesting, thanks. To be honest we'll be driving one car into Stuttgart on the most direct route from Tyrol, Austria, parking overnight at a hotel, then driving to the factory to collect the second car before heading straight to France (Strasbourg). So I'll probably not bother with the stickers and, if challenged, plead ignorance. I would be disappointed if there was not one on the car collected in Stuttgart, however.

It may become moot anyway; I have a sneaking suspicion they might restrict factory collections to Leipzig even when they finish the new production line in Zuffenhausen.
I bought a stcker, from the Website, €32 for 3 days in and around Stuttgart. I phoned the hotel and they said I would need it for their area (Gerlingen). If here again I wouldn't bother, even if stopped, and thete are lots of polce about, as you say I think we could plead ignorance .
What's the word for ignorance in German ;)
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Paul

Post by Paul »

Nosmo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:00 pm
Beausoleil100 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 pm That's interesting, thanks. To be honest we'll be driving one car into Stuttgart on the most direct route from Tyrol, Austria, parking overnight at a hotel, then driving to the factory to collect the second car before heading straight to France (Strasbourg). So I'll probably not bother with the stickers and, if challenged, plead ignorance. I would be disappointed if there was not one on the car collected in Stuttgart, however.

It may become moot anyway; I have a sneaking suspicion they might restrict factory collections to Leipzig even when they finish the new production line in Zuffenhausen.
An innocent shrug and a flash of British passport used to work wonders (in France😉)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Paul wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:55 pm
Nosmo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:00 pm
An innocent shrug and a flash of British passport used to work wonders (in France😉)
The sticker is on the two cars outside the dealership, bottom rh, its a large dark green thing, pretty ugly and not easily missed. Am fairly sure I bought the stcker from an official website, records at home so can't check now in Italy. Its like all these type of dcisions, 'DYOR' do your own research. If you need to, slip in 'ignoranz' in your conversation with the polizei.

IMG_4116.JPG

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
adrian991

Post by adrian991 »

The emissions sticker costs €6 if you order it from here https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/k ... 595.en.php and takes about 5 working days to arrive, the fine is €80 if you don't have one. I think your new car will already be provided with one by Porsche. If you want to know for sure then go to the Porsche Club GB forum and ask the question there as the Macan register secretary got the very first factory collection Macan from Leipzig. If you plan to drive into Austria on their motorway network you will need a Vignette which you can buy here https://www.tolltickets.com/country/aus ... nette.aspx. Mine arrived in about 5 days but If you get caught without one it's a €240 fine as one of my friends discovered. Not worth the risk especially given they use cameras to monitor as well as spot roadside checks.
Last edited by adrian991 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

adrian991 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:16 am The emissions sticker costs €6 if you order it from here https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/k ... 595.en.php and takes about 5 working days to arrive, the fine is €80 if you don't have one. I think your new car will already be provided with one by Porsche. If you want to know for sure then go to the Porsche Club GB forum and ask the question there as the Macan register secretary got the very first factory collection Macan from Leipzig. If you plan to drive into Austria on their motorway network you will need a Vignette which you can buy here https://www.tolltickets.com/country/aus ... nette.aspx. Mine arrived in about 5 days but If you get caught without one it's a €250 fine as one of my friends discovered.
Thanks Adrian, I'll look into this when I get home. Also a Swiss vignette, which I bought at the border, so no scam there. Austrian police were strolling around the car park at the Brenner pass, checking cars for their vignette.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Guy

Post by Guy »

It's easy to purchase the Austrian vignette (for about €8.50 for 8 days) at a petrol station either near the border or just inside Austria - there are plenty of signs to remind you. Unlike the Umwelt sticker no vehicle documents are needed.

And in case you can't see the Umwelt sticker in my Avatar, here's a bigger copy! :D

1. Plansee.JPG

Beausoleil100

Post by Beausoleil100 »

adrian991 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:16 am The emissions sticker costs €6 if you order it from here https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/k ... 595.en.php and takes about 5 working days to arrive, the fine is €80 if you don't have one. I think your new car will already be provided with one by Porsche. If you want to know for sure then go to the Porsche Club GB forum and ask the question there as the Macan register secretary got the very first factory collection Macan from Leipzig. If you plan to drive into Austria on their motorway network you will need a Vignette which you can buy here https://www.tolltickets.com/country/aus ... nette.aspx. Mine arrived in about 5 days but If you get caught without one it's a €240 fine as one of my friends discovered. Not worth the risk especially given they use cameras to monitor as well as spot roadside checks.

I won't be taking the risk in Austria - I hear the polizei there are quite enthusiastic. They even issue a fine if you have a Vignette but haven't stuck it to the windscreen using its own adhesive (which won't come off without destroying the disc). However I'm pretty sure my plan to buy a Vignette at a motorway service stop in Germany is a sound one, which seems to be confirmed in the responses to your post. I just wish the Stuttgart emissions sticker was as easy to get.

I'll follow your advice and post on the Porsche GB forum. I would have actually taken it as read that any car picked up in Zuffenhausen would have a sticker as a matter of course, since one can't drive out of the factory legally without one. However, I have seen pictures of cars being collected that have no obvious signs of any sticker, which has set me wondering. Thanks for the links and tips.