I've done it - order placed

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

As an aside I can't believe Halogens are standard fitment on a £50k+ car in 2017! Makes me wonder if the base spec even includes lights at all?

VanB

Post by VanB »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:54 pm
Ferdie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 pm :lol: Options ehh!
I would vote for PASM as in comfort mode it gives a great balance and then you can dial it up to BWM if you so desire?
I think it is unanimous that LED are the ultimate but my Xeon are super good and I went half way with black Xeon for the look (how shallow) as the LEDs had chrome which did not seem right with my colour choice - but I had not seen Paul's black LEDS then and alas I was running out of £'s at that stage :x
Macan number 1 had Xenons

Macan number 2 has LEDs

Or me the difference between the two is the same as the difference between Xenons and Halogens.

LEDs are worth it even at the full price IF you need great lighting at night.
Totally agree with Col here - LEDs are night and day better than anything I have had on a car before and are a complete revelation. My last Porsche had Xenons and I still struggled a bit at night to see far enough ahead to feel safe. LEDs have taken that problem away and I wouldn't hesitate to order them again. Xenons used to be the first option I ticked but that will now be LEDs and at £400 on a GTS a bit of a no-brainer IMO.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I used to think BiXe looked better, but looking back at my old Macan today, I have to say the LEDs look nicer.
Both cars with pics at viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6440

Macan 1 (Rhodium) with BiXe looks a bit like a startled tiger, especially with the Turbo "whiskers."
It's all a bit lost on the (VG) new car with LEDs.

Bugger, I'm liking BiXe again now.

In use LED a bit better than BiXe, I'd say. Transitions with variable range better with LED. Brighter at longer range.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Marra

Post by Marra »

Had an email "chat" with my SE today. As previously stated I have paid the £3,000 deposit but don't yet have a designated allocation, although I am close to the top of the list when the next allocation is released.

He did say that the list behind me is growing rapidly with demand for petrol S and GTS at "phenomenal" levels. They are now quoting 6 - 7 months delivery for petrol versions (I was told "around 5 months" when I placed my order, so a bit better, whilst diesel can be bought for much quicker delivery.

The will be many here that waited much longer than this - from someone who has never bought a car to order before, how do do you manage the wait. I'm already very excited 😀
goron59

Post by goron59 »

My first wait was about a week (second hand) and the second about 5 months (I could have had 3).
I spent the time thinking about what was important to me and refine the spec. When spec freeze happened it was stress free and I was confident I had chosen wisely.
Apart from that, just getting on with life :-)
Paul

Post by Paul »

My first SD, 15 months, the current GTS around 9 months.....Malbec helps to while away the days....🍷🍷👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Marra

Post by Marra »

Good advice Paul, think I'll go and uncork the red!
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Marra wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:07 pm Had an email "chat" with my SE today. As previously stated I have paid the £3,000 deposit but don't yet have a designated allocation, although I am close to the top of the list when the next allocation is released.

He did say that the list behind me is growing rapidly with demand for petrol S and GTS at "phenomenal" levels. They are now quoting 6 - 7 months delivery for petrol versions (I was told "around 5 months" when I placed my order, so a bit better, whilst diesel can be bought for much quicker delivery.

The will be many here that waited much longer than this - from someone who has never bought a car to order before, how do do you manage the wait. I'm already very excited 😀
The demand is very high currently. My SE has contacted me asking if I want to sell my 8 month old GTS which is immaculate. People will pay list price for an 8 month old GTS 😳
I am keeping it thanks 😀

It is well worth the wait and this forum helps get you through 👍
GTS 😀
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

I got lucky with a Macan Turbo performance pack. Walked into a dealer 6 weeks ago and somebody had just cancelled their order. I get mine mid Sept having only waited about 9 weeks or so. Was expecting a 12 month wait!
goron59

Post by goron59 »

weemsy6147 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:09 am I got lucky with a Macan Turbo performance pack. Walked into a dealer 6 weeks ago and somebody had just cancelled their order. I get mine mid Sept having only waited about 9 weeks or so. Was expecting a 12 month wait!
Good job!