I've done it - order placed

All your ordering information here!
Pete

Post by Pete »

I'm not sure that LED headlights look that different to Xenons to the casual viewer. You're still going to get the classic Porsche 4-spot running lights with the Xenons.

When it comes to selling the car on, you're not going to get that £400 back. Many options will become worthless, but buyers would probably prefer Xenon over halogens.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Maybe depends on how much night driving you will do to benefit from them. I think the 4 spots on the xenons look great and I virtually never drive at night as we have a young son and often in at night. For us, the LEDs were not really necessary. We also live in London where it's pretty light everywhere, even at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Pete

Post by Pete »

You might also want to think about the PDLS capabilities that comes with the different levels of headlights. I used to have cornering/swivelling lights on my old Mercedes and loved them - I have the same on my Xenon equipped Macan now (although I've not managed to drive at night yet!).

PDLS Plus with LED gives you a few more toys.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

either option you pick I don't think you will be disapointed. I have had Xenons on cars for the last 7 years and upgraded to LED on the Macan and will continue on all future vehicles.
It depends on where you live and how much night driving you do. If you drive very late at night some councils now switch off the street lights at 1am ish.

The LED have been amazing on the country lanes and PDLS which I see you have already selected on the Xenons is great.
If you plan to keep it for a while then spec it to what you want within your budget.
Providing you haven't got Halogen I don't think you will be disapointed.
GTS 😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

To answer the question - the LED option (on my GTS) does have the black inserts.

IMG_1165.JPG

I would't pay full money for the LED option but a £400 upgrade from the standard xenons seemed like a bargain.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

I've not driven a Macan with halogen or xenon at night, but I have to say the the LEDs I have are fantastic. Miles better than the Adaptive Xenons I had on my BMW. They light up the next county. Don't forget that after the LED option became available some of the adaptive capabilities you used to get with Xenons was removed. The way it lights up junctions by reading the sat nav is very clever and useful. I don't believe you get that with Xenons now.

I paid a bit more to upgrade my Turbo to LEDs and would do so again in a heartbeat. At £400 to upgrade the GTS I wouldn't hesitate. I'd drop the speed limit display and PS+ if I had to.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Marra

Post by Marra »

Thanks Martin I'm pleased you're happy with your choice. Paul, thanks for the photo, looks stunning specially next to the blue!
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:50 pm Revisiting your code I have just noticed that you have not included PS+.

Can I suggest that you test drive another Macan without PS+ if you do not intend to include it just so you are happy with the weighting of the steering at parking speeds.

PS+ gives variable assistance to the steering, maximum assist at parking speeds gradually reducing the assistance to zero at town speeds.
On Macan no 2, I left off PS+ and added the speed limit display (9 points on license!) I only notice the slightly heavier steering turning slowly on adverse camber, parking is fine.. 19" tyres probably make the steering lighter than with 21's. I figured that if it was too heavy, I'd have the software update at about £250, no need to bother, so money saved. All this with my mscle-withered 70yr old arms. I find the speed limit display is almost 100% accurate. The LED's are worth it, look very 'stars wars' to me. (9 points now expired)

IMG_3148.JPG

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

:lol: Options ehh!
I would vote for PASM as in comfort mode it gives a great balance and then you can dial it up to BWM if you so desire?
I think it is unanimous that LED are the ultimate but my Xeon are super good and I went half way with black Xeon for the look (how shallow) as the LEDs had chrome which did not seem right with my colour choice - but I had not seen Paul's black LEDS then and alas I was running out of £'s at that stage :x
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Ferdie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 pm :lol: Options ehh!
I would vote for PASM as in comfort mode it gives a great balance and then you can dial it up to BWM if you so desire?
I think it is unanimous that LED are the ultimate but my Xeon are super good and I went half way with black Xeon for the look (how shallow) as the LEDs had chrome which did not seem right with my colour choice - but I had not seen Paul's black LEDS then and alas I was running out of £'s at that stage :x
Macan number 1 had Xenons

Macan number 2 has LEDs

Or me the difference between the two is the same as the difference between Xenons and Halogens.

LEDs are worth it even at the full price IF you need great lighting at night.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags