Macan Petrol S vs Macan GTS

All your ordering information here!
andreas

Post by andreas »

MCDK wrote: ↑Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:47 pm All the old codgers are banging their walking sticks on the floor today for sure :lol:
:D
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

andreas

Post by andreas »

Dandock wrote: ↑Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:28 pm Which reminds me... must put some Doris Day on the jukebox. πŸ˜‰πŸŽΆ
I'd prefer Rihanna...
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

MCDK wrote: ↑Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:47 pm All the old codgers are banging their walking sticks on the floor today for sure :lol:
Ee by gum we ave a sayin up north, you young uns know nowt!

I can category state that we old codgers are NOT banging our walking sticks.

Rattling our Zimmer Frames..... Yes.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

It's just a posh motability scooter...

Today is my lockdown day and I didn't try to change my model choice or the spec. So I will take delivery of an S in around 6 weeks. I agree with those who've said that the GTS "free" options don't necessarily match the options you want. I like the sports exhaust but I don't want it. I've been on the confuserator a good few times and the GTS is 5k more expensive for the same (v nearly) spec.

And having just done my PEC day, which was fantastic, I'm more sure than ever that the S is more than enough for my and Noblewoman's needs. I'm not concerned about GTS vs S depreciation; I keep my cars for 4 + years and longer in this case, I hope. By that point, I'd be surprised if the market value difference justifies the higher purchase price of the GTS based on my spec.

Kylie will do me nicely btw.
pj191k89
spook

Post by spook »

Dandock wrote: ↑Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:28 pm Which reminds me... must put some Doris Day on the jukebox. πŸ˜‰πŸŽΆ
Being one of the oldies what's a "Jukebox" I had this record player fitted from the options list :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

239dc8e8620399aa045662d78f0e8319.jpg

911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
andreas

Post by andreas »

spook wrote: ↑Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Being one of the oldies what's a "Jukebox" I had this record player fitted from the options list :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
Don't joke! I had a 7" 45rpm record player in an early Mini.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I had a valve radio in my first car........ I got to work before it warmed up enough to operate.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Nobleman wrote: ↑Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:08 pm It's just a posh motability scooter...

Today is my lockdown day and I didn't try to change my model choice or the spec. So I will take delivery of an S in around 6 weeks. I agree with those who've said that the GTS "free" options don't necessarily match the options you want. I like the sports exhaust but I don't want it. I've been on the confuserator a good few times and the GTS is 5k more expensive for the same (v nearly) spec.

And having just done my PEC day, which was fantastic, I'm more sure than ever that the S is more than enough for my and Noblewoman's needs. I'm not concerned about GTS vs S depreciation; I keep my cars for 4 + years and longer in this case, I hope. By that point, I'd be surprised if the market value difference justifies the higher purchase price of the GTS based on my spec.

Kylie will do me nicely btw.
Congrats on your lockdown but I suggest you get back to your OPC.

Lockdown has been six weeks prior to build

Build takes 2-3 days depending upon the tome of day it commences.

From the time the vehicle enters the compound until it gets to the OPC is a variable with the shortest being 7 days to a longest of 60 days (excluding WingCo's Panny that got lost in transit). An average delivery has been three weeks.

Hence expecting it after six weeks from lockdown is not the norm.
Col
Macan Turbo
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

andreas wrote: ↑Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:05 pm
I'd prefer Rihanna...

Janis Joplin, surely? ;)

"Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends..."
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

I chose the S as I wanted to choose the options I wanted, particularly wheels and leather interior and did not want to be restrained by GTS choices. The S is much rarer than the GTS and I suspect it will hold its value as well if not better, especially with all the diesel stuff going on now. If I upgraded it would be to a Turbo and not a GTS as the power upgrade for the GTS is probably unnoticeable in everyday use.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric