Macan Petrol S vs Macan GTS

All your ordering information here!
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

i love the sweeping generalisations on here... old codgers want an S, people only choose the GTS as its available quicker.... I am said old codger (I have specced silver wheels in deference) and I didnt even know what the lead times were on each model. I did see someone had bought an S to get it quicker....

we all pay our money and make our choices - that is why Porsche give us the options and the badges. Shall we talk petrol v diesel or best colour next, should be about as simple to resolve.

Petrol and dark metallic red obviously...

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Just to be clear the comment of MCDK i agree with is as below.

"The Macan has a wide age range of owners, possibly moreso than many other cars"
GTS 😀
DandyDon

Post by DandyDon »

Thanks for all the replies. It just shows what a varied bunch we are on this forum. I put £10 k of options on my Macan which I think is a pretty substantial amount so the age comments are not valid.This is the second forum I've been on this week where age suddenly appears as an issue. Why? If we're over, say, 60 have we been disenfranchised and no longer allowed to have an opinion?

Anyway all comments have been useful. Thank you .

Ps - I was at he Aberdeen OPC about a month ago and they said that delivery for a petrol S and a GTS were on average 5 months.

Happy motoring and stay safe.
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

"i love the sweeping generalisations on here... old codgers want an S, people only choose the GTS as its available quicker.... I am said old codger (I have specced silver wheels in deference)"

Don't worry, old codger here too...... I started off with a S on order but changed to a GTS as delivery time was quicker. Opted for the silver wheels though as I didn't want to look like the local resident drug dealer with a dark car and black wheels. 😀 Oh I also opted for a light interior and comfort seats...... still I had the comfort seat option in my old RS4. Time will tell whether I made the right decision in respect of options for resale but I chose the options for me not the next person and I can't think of anything that I added that I wouldn't add again except for the pano roof. I prefer my ventilated seats to the pano roof......

After six months with the car what are my thoughts now? GTS is very nice and I do enjoy the car. In reality does the extra 20bhp count for much? Not in the real world I suspect. And with a 997 turbo as my pleasure vehicle the bhp count for the Macan isn't that important. Sports exhaust? Nice sound but adds nothing other than aural pleasure. Overall, I suspect I should have just stuck with my original S spec and I suspect Macan no 2 will be an S but will the next Macan have even more of its DNA directly from the Q5? If the Macan becomes ever more diluted in respect of its Porsche DNA then the case for buying one, in my view, will become diluted also........
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
andreas

Post by andreas »

I'm waiting patiently for my petrol S to be built. I've spec'd it with £12K of options, which sounds a lot but I found it difficult to delete any of the things I'd chosen. So it ends up at around £60K. It's an early 70th birthday present to myself, so a little excess can surely be justified? I also looked at ordering a GTS instead, but with the same sort of options it came out at over £65K, and I have to say I really don't want the all-black exterior, and can't say that the slight performance increase justifies another £5K. Retained values? Well, I tend to keep my cars for 5-6 years, and I reckon there wouldn't be much between them after that time.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

All the old codgers are banging their walking sticks on the floor today for sure :lol:

And Col you need to see my GTS not a drop of Alcantara inside it!
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Isleaiw wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:36 pm i love the sweeping generalisations on here... old codgers want an S, people only choose the GTS as its available quicker.... I am said old codger (I have specced silver wheels in deference) and I didnt even know what the lead times were on each model. I did see someone had bought an S to get it quicker....

we all pay our money and make our choices - that is why Porsche give us the options and the badges. Shall we talk petrol v diesel or best colour next, should be about as simple to resolve.

Petrol and dark metallic red obviously...
I think I may be the old codger, b. Aug 44, that ordered an S to get it by end of March and cancelled a GTS I did have on order but was delayed from Jan to May by the OPC. I saved £5k and am delighted with my decision to get the S, now with VG wheels and looks aggressive. Looking forward to the facelift, will stick with an S I expect, the real upgrade option would be to a Turbo. More colour/interior choices would be appreciated.

IMG_3445.JPG

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Which reminds me... must put some Doris Day on the jukebox. 😉🎶
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

We're all different and have different priorities. Porsche are very good at allowing you to pick and choose from an extensive OE options list, albeit at a premium. The paint colour choice is quite limited though, unless you spend a considerable amount on a bespoke one.

Living in the rural depths of Somerset, I wanted a Macan that didn't show the dirt after a few miles of driving down the lanes. One that was relatively easy to keep clean too. I'd had my fill of dark colours, much as like them and would have if I still lived in town. Following paint,alloys & trim protection treatment, I am delighted with how it resists showing the dirt:

2017-05-02 (10).JPG

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Dandock wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:28 pm Which reminds me... must put some Doris Day on the jukebox. 😉🎶
Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly perhaps, but would prefer U2.
Last edited by Bigboyrolo on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16