Arrived early!

All your ordering information here!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Tom 2000 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:25 am Very tempted on the headlamps but I don't drive much in the dark. The will seldom be anyone in the back. PASM? Is that the Power Steering? I dismissed that. I found the Test Car quite light in hand compared to my current 10 yr old X5. I forced myself not to start ticking boxes.
It is very easy to start ticking boxes and spend another £10,000.

The bi-xenons and LED lights are good - but £1000 and £2000 good ????? The day time lights are nice and very distinctive.

andreas

Post by andreas »

Tom 2000 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:41 pm
I could change lamps yet.
Most buyers will specify bi-xenons at least, ordinary halogens are like candles in jars. From a resale point of view, it would be worth adding bi-xenons.

Incidentally, the Porsche Code in your signature is for a petrol S.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

andreas wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:15 pm
Tom 2000 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:41 pm
I could change lamps yet.
Incidentally, the Porsche Code in your signature is for a petrol S.
Thanks for pointing that out. I did it in a hurry. Will sort shortly.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Ive emailed Sales Exec and specified Bi-Xenon lighting system incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
£ 1,103.00.
Thats it, no more.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tom 2000 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 pm Thats it, no more.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Tom 2000 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 pm Ive emailed Sales Exec and specified Bi-Xenon lighting system incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
£ 1,103.00.
Thats it, no more.
I take it you have not read the sticky thread in the orders section on what to order.

Including PASM is essential if you want the best ride and handling.

Here is a my take on suggested inclusions.
The base 2.0 litre, SD and S are in reality stripped down cars with just the minimum of fitment inclusions. A test drive of a very basic Macan will still give the impression of a great performing and handling car, especially if you are not used to driving this type of car. That said with the inclusion of some basic fitments the Macan is transformed into the supreme SUV in its class.

Only you can answer what you want out of your Macan ownership, but please if you are limiting the budget what you are going to spec please spec wisely.

What follows is related to a Macan supplied to the UK, please note that a basic Macan supplied to other countries may well be configured differently with different combination of extras available when compared to the UK.

My suggestion of the minimum inclusions in the specification of any Macan that I would buy is these:-

14 or 18 way seats .
Basic non GTS 8 way seats have a flat back and are not as comfortable as the upgrades, GTS 8 way seem more comfortable than standard, however do test drive a Macan fitted with the 8 way seats if considering retaining them.

Xenon lights .
Basic halogens are questionable in their capabilities, most owners with halogens regret not upgrading. If funds allow LEDs are a quantum leap improvement over Xenons, they also include the adaptive headlight function.

PASM.
Gives adjustable suspension which results in a smoother ride and better handling capabilities, this really is the key inclusion to have to get the best ride and handling in a Macan.

20" wheels.
A personal choice, 20" gives a good compromise on looks, handling and kerb management.

PS+.
Lightens steering load at parking speeds then progressively reduces to zero assist at road speeds.

Spare wheel.
Plus two purchased cans of sealant / inflator gives options in the event of a flat and especially an unrepairable/damaged tyre/wheel.

Reversing camera.
Rear quarter vision is poor, to check out yourself in a test drive by parallel parking the demo car, if funds allow then Surround Camera is even better.

Interior light pack,
Replaces bulbs with LEDs for a more pleasing interior look and the all important illuminated mirrors.

The above are the key inclusions or extras that I recommend you specify.

Other popular inclusions are:-
Pano sunroof, lightens a dark interior
Tinted glass, purely for looks and it enhances the stealth look with blacked out trim
SD mirrors, an aesthetic choice often fitted due to the questionable quality of standard mirror mount.
Colour matched side blades, enhances look and will aid cleaning.
Roof rails, its an SUV so kind of expected, but looks equally great without
Heated seats, useful.
Heated steering wheel, a favourite of mine that gets used more than the heated seats.
Sports Chrono, gives dial in top centre of dash plus launch control and more aggressive gearbox and throttle maps.
Porsche Sports Exhaust, do note that PSE is an aural performance addition only and has no power increase benefits.
Leather upgrades, an almost universal upgrade on non GTS Macans.
Smoking pack, covers the hole in front of drinks holders.
ACC, gives adaptive cruise control which is far better than standard, it also includes Porsche Active Safe braking system which is not fitted unless ACC is specified.

Ordering process:-
£3k deposit starts process, deposit fully refundable until lockdown of spec
Circa six weeks later Porsche at Silverstone PEC invite for 1/2 day driving on the circuits, check prior posts.
Six weeks prior to build is the lockdown date for the vehicle spec and signage to commit to the order
Build, 3 working days
Car enters compound awaiting delivery to OPC
Delivery 7-30 days with 20 days an average.
Then its PDI and pick up

Admin at the OPC can access the main Porsche intranet in Germany where they can see the codes, the main ones are:-
V250 Vehicle fixed (which is the final build code)
V260 Vehicle enters bodyshop
V270 Vehicle exits production
V300 Vehicle completion
V311 Vehicle enters compound
V312 Vehicle exits compound
V330 Vehicle enters (the Port of) Emden compound

***** The most important advice I can suggest is to test drive a Macan which has the same seats, wheel size, suspension and steering as you intend to specify *****
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Super advice. However I am sticking and living with it.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
happy days

Post by happy days »

Tom for about £100, I'd spec the coloured wheel centres too. Small detail, but they really do make a difference. And if you can. stretch to the surround cameras. These are fairly big cars and the surround cameras really make parking in a car park a breeze compared to looking in mirrorsetc. Ask Ben if he has a demo version. Or if you're around my neck of the woods I can show you mine?
Macan S D
718 S
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I will consider coloured wheel centres. I have the reversing camera included. Will chance doing without the front ones.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)