Lifeshine Autoglym

All your ordering information here!
964steve

Post by 964steve »

Not a fan of Autoglym here either. I have used all sorts on my previous 1990 911 in red and Autoglym was the worst. It may well work better on clear coat finishes though. I think the main issues with their super resin is that it contains abrasives and gave a chalky effect on my paint. I then tried, one grand wax, then zymol, then zaino. The zaino was the best of these and I would strongly recommend for DIY. It was still prone to swirls though. The gtechniq on my Macan though is on a different level and so far after a few washes no sign of swirls, which appeared on any other coating I tried even with careful washing.

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Nothing wrong with Autoglym products as a basic wash routine....but the Autoglym Lifeshine is £15 worth of products applied by someone on the minimum wage and will last no longer than a wash/wax you could do yourself. You can actually buy the kits on eBay for £15 if you really want to.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

For long term ownership get GTECHNIQ CS BLACK with EXO applied by a Pro Detailer.

The finish that you will then have will be twice as good as a wax only job.

A Pro Detailer will spend hours claying and machine polishing your car.

Just look up prior posts of the before and after Pro Detailing images that members here have posted.

You will then forget all about anything other than getting the car prepped properly.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

Just had the Gtechniq treatment at my OPC before delivery. It was £499 (as opposed to £599 advertised) and came complete with £100 worth of Gtechniq goodies.

Cleaned the beautiful beast for the first time yesterday and, as you might expect, it was water off a duck's back!

I'm very impressed with the finish, which was applied both inside and out. Pics are in the Gallery section.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

oldpilot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:31 pm Just had the Gtechniq treatment at my OPC before delivery. It was £499 (as opposed to £599 advertised) and came complete with £100 worth of Gtechniq goodies.

Cleaned the beautiful beast for the first time yesterday and, as you might expect, it was water off a duck's back!

I'm very impressed with the finish, which was applied both inside and out. Pics are in the Gallery section.
Do you know what pretreatment your OPC did before they applied the CS?

I am dubious that OPCs may not undertake the paint correction.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:17 pm
oldpilot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:31 pm Just had the Gtechniq treatment at my OPC before delivery. It was £499 (as opposed to £599 advertised) and came complete with £100 worth of Gtechniq goodies.

Do you know what pretreatment your OPC did before they applied the CS?

I am dubious that OPCs may not undertake the paint correction.
Dealers offer Gtechniq platinum. Specially designed for them not Pro detailer and they get a pack of goodies. It's not the same as what a pro detailer does but it's cheaper and so much better than Autoglym. I don't think it's Cs black topped with exo though as that has to be done by a pro authorised to get the 7 year warranty. Don't think there is any machine polish etc either beforehand but that's why it's a fair bit cheaper.

It's the best you can get from an OPC though and oldpilot paid a reasonable fee 👍 as Gtechniq prices (like most things) have increased in the last 6 months.

https://gtechniq.com/about-gtechniq/platinum/
GTS 😀
Bckjag

Post by Bckjag »

If you're going to the expense of getting your car detailed I wouldn't use your OPC. These guys are basically valeters with maybe a 1 day course behind them on how to apply specific products. Stick with getting it done professionally with guys that know what they're doing. I personally went with the G-Technic CS Black package & certainly don't regret it.
Cayman GTS sold June 2016
Macan GTS collected 12th April 2017
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH59XT18
DandyDon

Post by DandyDon »

The OPC is going to give it to me FOC so nothing lost if it turns out to be not as expected or rubbish; provided there's no obvious damage to the paintwork. At an other OPC the deal would have included GTechniq which seems from the comments to be a better product. Strange that Porsche doesn't establish a standard throughout its dealerships.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

If it is FOC then what's not to like. My local car washers / detailers use Autoglym products and the cars look great.

Your car will look stunning I'm sure :D
gjross

Post by gjross »

I used to spend a fortune on Autoglym products, buying every possible bottle to keep my cars looking pristine.... then I discovered GTechniq and have not looked back. I applied the coatings myself over 2 days and yes, whilst expensive to purchase at the front end, I've easily saved the money I used to spend over time. The washing is much easier, which gives me a time saving too.

I wouldn't touch Autoglym again.
Z4M Coupe
X5 30d
520d Tourer
next... Macan GTS... Ordered... delivery Apr/May2018