Lifeshine Autoglym

All your ordering information here!
DandyDon

Post by DandyDon »

Anyone used this product or had it applied professionally.

Marks out of 10?

Like/ dislike and reasons why?

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Never had it professionally applied, but I've used their products on my previous 3 cars and our current pair over the past 6 years.
Their shampoo conditionerwash is excellent and does not remove the wax polish as rapidly as some.
Their super resin polish is very good, easy to apply, gives good water beading and last a decent time. I wash our cars often [at least once per week, often twice] and only have to apply the polish twice per annum.

I use Wonder Wheels alloy wheel protector and separate tyre sheen products and Armorall Protectant on the black external plastic trim including the side blades.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

ZERO out of Ten.

Unless you are OCD and like to spend hours cleaning, waxing and polishing. Even then there are wax products whih are far superior to the Autoglym products of the Devil.

You may notice that I dislike the product, I had an Audi and the dealer applied Lifeshine as a freebie, it is a very soft coating that is a dirt magnet, dirt just sticks to the wax and is difficult to remove, cleaning the car was a nightmare and as it was bright red it showed the dirt as a thin film of grey. Tar spots just ate through the so called protective coat and were a sod to remove.

Read up on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5106
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

DandyDon wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:25 pm Anyone used this product or had it applied professionally. Marks out of 10? Like/ dislike and reasons why?

If this is a service offered by the OPC, I'd go for a huge discount and/or shop around. For not a lot more, you could get a far superior treatment from a professional detailer. :geek:

At the OPC, it will almost certainly be applied by the car washer, where much less time/care/expertise will be lavished than a professional would provide.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I had it on my old Audi's. It's ok but I would never pay for it.
Generally if it's applied by a dealer who may not be a professional detailer but probably the general guy that washes the cars. I found they do not do a great job.
2 important things is picking the right product and more importantly is who applies it.

Your best option for one of the best levels of protection is a ceramic coat which bonds to the paintwork which I would recommend a professional authorised detailer does. Gtechniq is very popular (I have multiple cars with this total surface protection) and it's outstanding. 9 months on and still beading and washing is a breeze. It's not cheap though but you generally get what you pay for.
Pick the right product and you get a 7 year warranty and in an event of an accident etc with panel resprays etc they will redo that panel and protect it as part of the service.

If you don't wash your own car then I would not bother. If you don't plan to own and keep your car then again I would not bother and stick with Autoglym or similar product to give some basic level of protection.

Have a good read of Col thread as some very good info there.
GTS 😀
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I was quoted £400 for an application. No thanks.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tom 2000 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:02 pm I was quoted £400 for an application. No thanks.
Quite right. £100 - maybe. The OPC would still make a profit.

For a little more than £400, a professional detailer will do an infinitely superior job. But as Kas says, only worthwhile if keeping the car for at least a couple of years and planning to regularly & carefully wash the car yourself. :ugeek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I had autoglym lifeshine applied to a previous black car I owned. It was heavily discounted by the dealer and the kit you got with it had product worth more than the price paid, so it was a no brainer.

At the time, the car was infrequently washed, (certainly with no two bucket method and with no fancy detailing materials) and on occasion done at a roadside hand car wash.

After 2.5 years of ownership, the paintwork looked as good as my 1 year old Macan that has been professionally detailed, ceramic coated and fastidiously handwashed by me.

Still not sure what I think of professional detailing and ceramic coating. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Hawkeye on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:19 pm
Tom 2000 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:02 pm I was quoted £400 for an application. No thanks.
Quite right. £100 - maybe. The OPC would still make a profit.

For a little more than £400, a professional detailer will do an infinitely superior job. But as Kas says, only worthwhile if keeping the car for at least a couple of years and planning to regularly & carefully wash the car yourself. :ugeek:
I intend keeping the car for a long term but with the best will in the world I know I will be too busy to keep it as clean as I would like. That and the state of the 300 yard private lane up to our house.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Not sure if I have used lifeshine but have used a few autoglym products which have been fine.