New gts

All your ordering information here!
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Scooby wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:43 pm Chaps i would like all a happy new year i am sorry you did not like my old posts
I am not a builder as red 5 said but i do have some problems with texting
I run a large company in that everthing is done internet wise by my pa
Happy new year. That post is a lot more readable although a few full stops would have been welcome.

As regards asking about power upgrades even before you get the car, are you sure you are buying the right car? Sounds like a Turbo PP should be on your shopping list.

alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Exciting times Scooby. Bet you can't wait.

Don't worry about the punctuation, I'd rather have participation over perfectly punctuated silence and empty boards!
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Thank you
Update gts is on the drive for the last 6 weeks
Liked it at first then got a bit miffed i think looking back it was the dealer that put me off
Sounds strange but I picked up car and there was no handbooks not a good start they arrived 3days later the bumper protector
was out of stock arrived 5days later and is the wrong one part of the deal was a pair of sunglasses for my wife one minute on back order or should i say forgot to order and still not here
Another part of the deal was my px was owned by me and I wanted to put the gts on the company so they would pay me back
the px price and gts would be payed by company
It took nearly two weeks to get the money from hatfeild it only happened when i had had enough and e mailed the dp direct even then you just got excuses
So i thought of selling it and buying another rs4 the main reason was how dissapointed i was with the dealership and how could i have faith in them if the car has problems
But now i have put the toys back in my pram and i enjoy the car just need to find a decent dealer
Two things thst do concern me are as follows firstly the windscreen keeps midting up at night a big blast cures it but i have never had this problem with sny car before
And the last one is fuel consumption i seem to be getting only 15 to the gallon and dont think i am driving that hard
Would appreciate comments
Hope my sppppeling and ggramour is ok 😂😂😂
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Scooby wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:50 pm
Two things thst do concern me are as follows firstly the windscreen keeps midting up at night a big blast cures it but i have never had this problem with sny car before
Is the air conditioning on daily?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Perfectly constructed sentences, Scooby! ;)

Am sure that you'll very soon be loving the GTS! :D

Don't sell it. Not yet, anyway.

Paul recently posted that he just leaves the aircon on Auto most of the time and lets the car sort itself out. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

15 mpg is a bit rough.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

A good or bad dealer can make or break the best of cars. I had a bad experience with a local Audi dealership, so would never buy another car from them no matter what.
Macan handbooks seem to regularly not be with the car, mine arrived a week later.
15mpg sounds very low, I managed around 20mpg at worst giving it plenty on short journeys.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Paul

Post by Paul »

Yep, leave the whole heating and ventilation to itself - just use auto and 20 degrees ish.....
I’m getting early mid ‘20s on a run but late teens if using the car “seriously” so 15mpg is a bit light....but it may ease up after a few miles?
Also, if you have the time, and the inclination, brim the car, run it for 300 miles, brim it again (at the same station on the same pump if possible) and do an accurate, longish term mpg calculation, rather than rely on the trip which will re-set every journey.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Just thinking. I have mine at 23 degrees auto. Even on longer runs. The Golf would have been left at 20 and turned up when needed and then you would have really felt the new air as being too hot. The ambient here has been averaging about 6 the last month. -1 to 10 degrees. Am I a hot house flower?

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Others have suggested to put air con on Auto and sync (is what I always have anyway) sounds a good idea. Never had the issue but cars are garaged.
I had to wait for my manual when there was a shortage last year. Some waited over a month.
Once I got it I put it away and hasn’t been put since 😉

Online porsche manuals link below which can be very handy
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com

It’s the little things that does make the whole experience and it’s a shame yours has not been up to scratch.
MPG sound low. I would get 20 initially and as the engine opens up after 2000 miles or so have had some more improvements.

What fuel are you using?
GTS 😀