All your ordering information here!
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Feul wise normal shell unleaded
Hope it improves only done 900 miles at the moment
Re air con ive tried the 20 degree auto route and no difference

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

On a test drive in a brand new S I did 23 mpg driving on open roads at speed limits. Air con on full time should dehumidify the cabin so I would be investigating why there is so much internal moisture.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Its an age thing must just be my dribbling 😂😂
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Haha. Are you sure your a/c is on. Somehow mine was off this morning.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
wilko

Post by wilko »

The mpg is similar to what I was getting from my turbo when new.
It partly right engine but probably that you’re travelling faster than you think.
Mines done 15k in a year and settled down to just over 20mpg, but I get 16-18 around town.
Part of the improvement is me paying attention to the speedo
I was always aware of the speed I was travelling at in my last 911, but the turbo is such a effortless performer that I am generally travelling faster than I think.
I now use cruise a lot, and have had as much as 28 from a tank on an 80mph cross continent drive
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R
steve w

Post by steve w »

I getting around 20/22mpg local running and upto 30ish on a run,have the air con on auto set at 22 degrees,they’re fabulous machines probably the best vehicle I’ve had and that’s quite a few you’ll love it.
SteveW
VanB

Post by VanB »

late teens around town a c 28 on a run for an overall 22ish so 15 does sound a bit low. All in all it’s a fabulous car though 👍
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
happy days

Post by happy days »

I agree on the auto 20 deg and sync - mine rarely steams up and if it does, it only takes a few seconds of the 'full blast' to clear. The 718, however, is a different story!
Macan S D
718 S
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

I'm usually on 21 and sync on auto but rarely turn on the ac in winter.

A common scenario is the evaporator stays cool and damp thus steaming up the windows next time you start.

A consequence can be shorter evaporator life as they don't like being damp all the time.

It used to be good to run the ac once a month to keep the seals lubricated though.

15 mpg implies you're driving correctly.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

All BMW I have owned seemed to have this problem including my current one.. was hoping this was not going to be a problem with a Porsche brand. I never have found a cure. However in the winter months I clean the the inside of the windscreen, firstly with a mild detergent/ glass cleaner, and then dry , and then use just water to wash it again and dry with paper towels. Even though the screen still mists it clears very quickly. I find it irritating to sit in the car for 5 mins waiting for the screen to clear. I understand that is caused by hot air landing on a cold surface , which then turns into moisture.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊