Getting close to my final spec

All your ordering information here!
Marra

Post by Marra »

andreas wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:53 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:10 am
There is often confusion on Connect

Connect+ is now standard and it give improvements in SatNav, Traffic, online services via a data SIM which you will need to buy and put in the car (£25 for a 12m valid 12Gb data use from MyMemory) Apple Car Play is also part of the system.
There certainly is. The Porsche website says the Connect Plus service is free for the first 2 years, and that a separate data SIM is only needed if you want to do internet etc.
Absolutely right. Picked up my Macan S last week, 2 years free connection to limited apps (including traffic, google search and google maps) from the embedded SIM.

Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

I can’t speak for Connect as I opted not to have it (when it was optional for about £800), but I do have 14 way leather seats. If ordering again I would order the 14 way leather again. I think the car looks and feels like a car of it’s price in leather, plus I have kids who would trash alcantara. My wife and I both drive the car so the memory on both driver and passenger seats that comes with 14 way is worth it, and leaves a memory slot on the passenger seat for the kids. You can also place a setting on the key and on the door if you have a preferred long distance setting that is different to your normal setting. In my opinion (you need to try for yourself) the 14 way adjustment makes it easier to find a comfortable setting. I also like the way the steering wheel lifts automatically to make it easier to get into and out of the car.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome volcano.

You have a great spec there. All the essentials are there and just a matter of any additions if you want to spoil yourself 😉

I would consider the memory pack if more than 1 driver. Or if you go upto the 14 / 18 ways the memory comes as standard. As others have said do test the seats yourself to see what is good for you.
We found our 18 ways far more comfortable than the Q5 seats and to be honest the 8 and 14 ways were also a step above the Q5.

You get 24 months connect plus which I also got on my GTS delivered almost 12 months ago. If you want to continue into year 3 it’s around £139 a year.

Whatever you pick it will be a fab car and we also had a few Q5 and found them great for a number of years and pretty faultless.
The Macan is a big step up and it’s lovely to drive.
You will thoroughly enjoy it. 👍
GTS 😀
Volcano

Post by Volcano »

Thanks again for all the replies with help.

December is going to be busy. Just got my trip to Silverstone booked for 2 weeks time and then lock-down on 20/12. My sleepless nights pondering about specs will be over but no doubt superseded with more counting down the days until delivery. Thought ordering a car was a pleasurable experience!

If all goes to plan I will have it delivered for a March delivery and an 18 plate .

Reading all the posts each day keeps me going. Thanks

Ps Can I not send a private message until I have been a member a certain length of time? I have received one but feel rude that I have not answered.

Volcano