Getting close to my final spec

All your ordering information here!
Volcano

Post by Volcano »

Hello and first of all thank you for your help so far.

Although this is my first post I have been reading, with interest, for a good few months. Thanks also for those of you who with your recommendations who have cost me probably another £3000!! Saying that the advice for using Ryan at Clydesdale has saved me some of that extra spec cost.

I am new to Porsche coming having had a good few Audis and currently having a Q5. Had pictures of Porsche cars on my wall as a lad and always admired them and wanted one. My Audi has lasted 4 years (normally change after 3) but have enjoyed it but thought if I did not have a Porsche this time I probably would never have one.

Well my homework so far has come up with http://www.porsche-code.com/PJSDKUK5

I would love it if you would not mind telling me if I have made any great mistakes. Unfortunately I have not got an enormous budget but want it right. The only thing I am really unsure about is the seats. Are the standards seats Ok and are the 14 way that much better? Must admit I prefer the leather to Alcantara but I could live with it. The extra £1000 could then go to pay the road tax (robbing bar stewards).

One final question if you do not mind. Can someone please clarify what I get as far as Connect Services? Do I have to pay a certain amount a month or is the standard enough? This has been by far the most difficult part to understand.

All being well I will have my car in March so not been given a firm date to give the final spec yet. I just want it firm in my head.

Many Thanks

Marra

Post by Marra »

Welcome Volcano - I'm pleased you have found the forum useful - I certainly did in purchasing PJDT8781 which is very similar to yours. I went for the LED lights which are superb and the 14 way seats in order to get the leather.

The latest Macan comes standard with Connect + which gives a few apps without extra cost for 2 years such as Google search and a Google Earth.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome. :D

I'm sure we normally cost "you" an extra £5,000 so you must have missed something. What about Bose and wheel centres?

Great looking spec. so far anyway 👍
andreas

Post by andreas »

Reckon you've ticked the essential boxes.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Welcome Volcano.

Can’t help with the connect bit (as I don’t have it on mine☹️)

I had the 14 ways on my first SD and you do get quite alot for your £s; comfy seats, leather, electric adjustment on the steering column, comfort memory (nice if you have 2 drivers) and the “ tucking in” effect as the seats move forward once you’re safely in the car.

I’ve “ only” got the standard 8 ways sports seats on my current GTS which are fine for me but they are supposed to be better than the standard 8 ways and do have driver memory as standard. Some hate the standard seats with a passion (Col 😉) but the only way to be sure is to get a drive in both and see for yourself.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
VanB

Post by VanB »

Volcano please be aware that buying a Porsche is like opening Pandora's box. Many people end up buying multiple Porsches in fairly quick succession so don't be surprised if you go the same way!

I find the standard 8 way GTS seats very comfortable but would add the memory package which is a snip at £200 odd quid and useful if there is more than 1 driver and I believe adds electric adjustment for the passenger seat too. I'm not sure if the 8 way seats in the S are the same as in the GTS though
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome

A pretty good spec you have there.

I do have a couple of comments.

Do you have back troubles?

If so I suggest you get the 14 way seats as they are far more comfortable than the 8way.

The S 8 way seats are totally different to the 8 way in a GTS since the standard 8 way seat back is flat and unsupportive and the squab is a bit short.

Do try to find a Macan with standard 8 ways to check them out, I am one of the few who have driven a Macan with standard 8 way and with my bad back they were very uncomfortable so much so that if they were the only seats I would not have aMacan.

Consider adding PS+ as it lightens the steering load when parking and progressively reduces assistance to zero at town speeds.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Volcano

Post by Volcano »

Thank you all for your help and advice. Just had an email for a trip down to Silverstone that I am sure will help with decisions too.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Do read up on prior PEC posts it is a great 1/2 day.

There is often confusion on Connect

Connect+ is now standard and it give improvements in SatNav, Traffic, online services via a data SIM which you will need to buy and put in the car (£25 for a 12m valid 12Gb data use from MyMemory) Apple Car Play is also part of the system.

PCM connect App available on App store as is the Good To Know App the latter being the manual.

Connect is also a Tracking service which is totally seperate, you should get a free period of simple remote services, there are two other paid for services available. All the details are on the pcc.vodafonetelematics website.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
andreas

Post by andreas »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:10 am
There is often confusion on Connect

Connect+ is now standard and it give improvements in SatNav, Traffic, online services via a data SIM which you will need to buy and put in the car (£25 for a 12m valid 12Gb data use from MyMemory) Apple Car Play is also part of the system.
There certainly is. The Porsche website says the Connect Plus service is free for the first 2 years, and that a separate data SIM is only needed if you want to do internet etc.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)