Side Blades - body colour or not

All your ordering information here!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I like the painted finish but they can look quite good unpainted as a feature.

Try to see your car / colour with both options.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

...or...

Carbon fibre side blades!?

IMG_2150.JPG

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
andreas

Post by andreas »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:30 pm ...or...

Carbon fibre side blades!?
Nice, but £800 nice?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome.
I think either option looks good. I initially did not like the sideblades and picked body coloured when picking options.
When I saw rhodium in the flesh I preferred the black sideblades on our GTS especially as we opted for sport design alloys.
So my mind was changed when I actually saw it in the flesh and the colour of the alloys can play a big part too.
I like the break up of rhodium with the black.
I have mine Gtechniq coated and are very easy to keep clean.

No scratches or marks so far but that could just be luck to be honest.

I see you are looking at agate. I personally think body coloured looks best with agate as not enough contrast with black.
GTS 😀
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Painted for me all the way. I remember when the Macan was launched and I saw the plastic blades I thought they looked terrible. The more I got to know Macans I kinda began to accept them as a design feature but when it came to order time it was easy to go painted.

Avoid any chipping issues by getting them covered in paint protection film.
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

I have the Turbo exterior package with side blades in high gloss black (o.a.). No issues at all with chipping or scratching (nor on the high gloss black front grill, ad I do mostly highway driving). I was worried about this when ordering also, but has proven no issue at all. Porsche quality I guess. And I think it looks awesome on my Volcano Grey even if contrast is less. I quite like the understated contrast.
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

IMG_0824.JPG
Orangebulldog wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:30 pm I have the Turbo exterior package with side blades in high gloss black (o.a.). No issues at all with chipping or scratching (nor on the high gloss black front grill, ad I do mostly highway driving). I was worried about this when ordering also, but has proven no issue at all. Porsche quality I guess. And I think it looks awesome on my Volcano Grey even if contrast is less. I quite like the understated contrast.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

My first Macan had the standard finished blades but they were then given the Detailered finish and hence were easy to clean.

If you have you car Pro Detailed after delivery they will treat the standard blades and you should be fine.

BTW, pass on any bodywork treatment offered by the OPC.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

White and red cars should definitely be painted. I think the darker colours can do without it. Total opposite to an opinion up there.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

If you go for body colour you might (should) consider the sports design wing mirrors too!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PF8MVM34