Facelift GTS

All your ordering information here!
Elucius

Post by Elucius »

I've put down a deposit today for a facelift GTS. My OPC believes it is likely to be available Q4 2018.
I have had my current SD some 27 months now and love it but I don't like to keep cars beyond 3 years so have made this move.
Nearer the time I'll ask advice on options.

LLL

Post by LLL »

Sorry to be the messenger of bad news. But you will NOT be able to get a facelifted GTS in Q4 2018. Latest info I got is that Macan will be launched autumn 2018 and dealer intro by the end of the year. This intro will only cover two petrol versions.

GTS will be announced much later. Maybe a year later+ or there about. GTS models are never launched from start for either a facelift nor new model.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Luke wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:07 pm Sorry to be the messenger of bad news. But you will NOT be able to get a facelifted GTS in Q4 2018. Latest info I got is that Macan will be launched autumn 2018 and dealer intro by the end of the year. This intro will only cover two petrol versions.

GTS will be announced much later. Maybe a year later+ or there about. GTS models are never launched from start for either a facelift nor new model.
Does that mean there'll be no GTS models made for a whole year? Isn't this unnecessarily restricting Porsche's ability to make money?

As for GTS models "never" being launched straight away, haven't they just done this with the Cayenne?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
VanB

Post by VanB »

GTS variants always used to be launched towards the end of a model's life cycle but Porsche have steadily been bringing them forward as they account for a disproportionately large % of a model's units sold. However, I think Luke is correct that the facelift GTS wont be available until well into 2019.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

If they don’t carry on with the Diesel Macan... could it be possible that they will fill the gap with a GTS possibility bringing it out earlier? I personally doubt it but it could happen.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Elucius

Post by Elucius »

My understanding was as has been quoted, that GTS models follow later. I experienced this when buying my 991.2 GTS. However I've been told that on the facelift Macan the GTS will be available at the same, or similar time, to the S and Turbo. I was surprised but time will tell!
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

I would be odd but there is a first time for everything - still I would be surprised. Would imagine more likely to be the SE getting confused between S and GTS or a slightly blatant attempt to get a forward order. Can't go wrong with the car though, whenever it appears.

Slightly confused by the reference to Cayenne GTS above...haven't seen any reference to the new Cayenne GTS anywhere yet...current base, S and Turbo to be followed by hybrid. I may have missed something though so be interesting to hear.
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
andreas

Post by andreas »

Virage11 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 pm
Slightly confused by the reference to Cayenne GTS above...haven't seen any reference to the new Cayenne GTS anywhere yet...current base, S and Turbo to be followed by hybrid. I may have missed something though so be interesting to hear.
It's on the Porsche website - priced from £76430.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

andreas wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:31 pm
Virage11 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 pm
It's on the Porsche website - priced from £76430.

That's the 'old' Cayenne, not the new models. Diesels and Turbo S are also the 'old' Cayenne. :geek:

The new Cayennes are at the top of that page. As Virage says, the Cayenne, Cayenne S and Cayenne Turbo - all petrol.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
andreas

Post by andreas »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 pm

That's the 'old' Cayenne, not the new models. Diesels and Turbo S are also the 'old' Cayenne. :geek:

The new Cayennes are at the top of that page. As Virage says, the Cayenne, Cayenne S and Cayenne Turbo - all petrol.
Ooops! So it is. They all look alike, don't they? Presumably the old models aren't still being made.