GTS interior options

All your ordering information here!
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

So I have an order placed for May delivery, currently Sapphire Blue with agate grey partial leather.

So I'm already unconvinced on the grey so that's going to change, but trying to work out what to go for instead (added confusion that the demo I drove had a big spec interior wise, seemed to have Alcantara everywhere, steering wheel, roof lining etc).

I'm trying (and failing) to understand what the spec options are around the alcantara seats.

So there's the standard option, alcantara middle sections to the seats.

Then there's the gts interior pack at about £1k which I think adds leather to the top of doors and dash top.

Then the silver and red gts interior packs at £2,700 which add coloured stitching, coloured belts, coloured rev counter.

That seems to suggest the coloured stitching is about £1k of it? (Belts and dials around £700 in total) or am I missing other stuff? I know I need to go look at some physical cars to see what the different options actually look like, just wondered if anyone had seen any definitive lists?

Paul

Post by Paul »

On the configurator, hover the mouse over the “i” circle and this will explain in more detail the option.
The GTS interior (which I specced) is hugely pricey at £2700 but does give full leather dash, contrast stitching, coloured belts and swaps alcantara for full leather everywhere.
You can choose full leather which give you most of the above but the contrast bit is disproportionately expensive.....and very nice!😊

PS Agate is a bit “brown” for a GTS....

Pics of full GTS in interior in my signature......
Last edited by Paul on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Cjm360

Post by Cjm360 »

I’ve just ordered a GTS in Agate grey with black interior with red stitching. I went with Alcantara as fancied something different to all leather and it can be protected so that it stays looking new. The options list verges on ridiculous and reminds me of BMW in the eighties when everything was an extra, even a radio.
Looking forward to March when it’s due just hope we have a mild winter as sold the Rang Rover Sport already so no 4x4
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Cjm360! :)

Great news on your GTS order.

Alcantara is associated with the GTS model line, so good choice. 😎

Feel free to share the rest of your spec... :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Northandy, you are not alone in finding the "interior" options less than explicit.

I also ordered the GTS interior without alcantara. It is very nice but expensive. In another thread, someone worked out that the contrast stitching seems to cost £1000. :shock:

If it is between that and other options, then there is plenty of advice here on the forum as to what is "essential" :lol:

Obviously, it is a personal choice as to which options you go for. Notwithstanding the expense, my wife decided that she wanted "luxury" in the cabin, which is where we spend the time, so we ordered it. Our thinking was around the car being a premium vehicle costing lots, then spending extra for the luxury interior is the right thing to do.

Good luck with your choices.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
steve w

Post by steve w »

On our GTS we went for the full leather GTS interior with silver stiching,simply stunning,it’s silly money but so are a lot of the options that Porshe charge for so if you want it you either pay or choose a cheaper option but IMO these are premium SUVs and should have leather as standard not the mismatch mix of leather and plastic that comes as standard but whilst people like myself pay these silly prices Porshe will continue to charge them.
SteveW
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Seems to me I'm nit missing anything the contrast stitching is the £1k difference. I prefer the idea of alcantara centres I think, I guess I need to see the options in the flesh.

I was thinking gts extra pack at £1k plus the carbon inlays at £400. I really liked those in the demo car.

I think the added confusion was the salesguy had said the demo car had 18 way seats but they definitely weren't. I think that's confused me even more.
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Tall Phil wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:01 am Northandy, you are not alone in finding the "interior" options less than explicit.

I also ordered the GTS interior without alcantara. It is very nice but expensive. In another thread, someone worked out that the contrast stitching seems to cost £1000. :shock:

If it is between that and other options, then there is plenty of advice here on the forum as to what is "essential" :lol:

Obviously, it is a personal choice as to which options you go for. Notwithstanding the expense, my wife decided that she wanted "luxury" in the cabin, which is where we spend the time, so we ordered it. Our thinking was around the car being a premium vehicle costing lots, then spending extra for the luxury interior is the right thing to do.

I know that feeling, my good lady was there when I ordered and she just said go for the proper interior!
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Northandy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:59 pm
Tall Phil wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:01 am Northandy, you are not alone in finding the "interior" options less than explicit.

I know that feeling, my good lady was there when I ordered and she just said go for the proper interior!
I feel the pain. Ouch.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

So I think I am set on gts full leather with silver stitching 🙈

Must stop looking now 😂 And get on with the waiting