Final final spec logic check - new user

All your ordering information here!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Hotblack67 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:23 pm Hi Zinzan, biazzrely once I specced the Sport Chrono, air suspension and some other bits to match the PP, the lease price margin between the two wasn’t that great and I really wanted the GTS suspension set up, so it seemed a no brainer to go with the PP.

I think i’ll end up with the Spyders and bi-xenons though and stick with the comfort lights. There’s a really good You Tube vid comparing the LEDs, Bi-xenons on two 911s and halogen on a golf. LEDs nail the brightness but are quite directional, whereas the bi-xenons are only a bit dimmer on dipped but with a greater spread. Using full beam is rare treat around here.
In a Macan the headlight differences are very, very marked.

The xenons I had in my SD were good and on a par with the xenons in my Audi.

LEDs in the Turbo that I now have are light years better, its not a marginal improvement its a quantum leap.

Out in the dark country lanes even on dipped beam the LEDs illumiate the road far better than the xenons did, the colour rendering of the LEDs also enhances the surroundings making distance judgement easier, xenons with their blue tint just cast a strange hue on the same roads.

So if you do a lot of driving on dark roads go for LEDs if its only occasional and you have good eyesight the. Yes xenons will be more that good enough.

We old fogies with poor night vision need all the help we can get and for me that now means LEDs on every car
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

VanB

Post by VanB »

Absolutely concur with this. LEDs are to Xenons what Xenons are to halogens
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
macview19

Post by macview19 »

The price of replacement leds on a Jaguar fpace £2400.00 EACH if there is a short circuit as I found out to my cost YES £ 2400.00 Each.Family member
caught front apron on very high kerb whole front panel rotated outwards at the top of front panel shorted out the headlamps .This was just one of numerous issues with Fpace.It would be interesting to cost the Porsche Leds.. I did not order Leds on new GTS as mileage is now less than 5000 miles per annum and yes Leds give a much longer throw are brighter but preferred the Xenons as IMO the Xenons give a much wider beam pattern.
The price of Leds on a GTS is very reasonable but decided to stick with Xenons and it will be interesting to see with the revamped Macan coming out what Porsche will fit as standard headlamps
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

One thing that I've noticed with the LEDs on my Panamera. They are so bright on full beam that I often dip the headlights when approaching road signs etc, to avoid being dazzled by my own headlights! :shock:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Gongrats!

Seems like you have most of the options that constitute the Turbo Exterior pack already, so go for it. Its gorgeous with all the high gloss black accents, the turbo wheels with high gloss black on the inside just finishes it off so nicely. I have it (with Volcano Grey) and would spec it again in a heartbeat.
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

I had posted this before on another tread as an experience with the LED’s:

“Avoided a deer last night, on a country back road where I was having some fun... I doubt that without the excellent LED lights I would have noticed it in time (I have driven the xenons, and their reach is less far). As a safety feature, every car I will own will have them. Same goes for ptv+, it will save you when you overdid it a bit (or unexpected slippery bend like I had in fall weather).“
Steve1

Post by Steve1 »

After studying many posts on this forum I finally decided to place a new order for For a Macan 3.0 Diesel S 😊 followed most advice and spent almost £10k on extras. I did manage to get a decent discount based on the fact that a new Macan will be launched later this year. I have 3-4 weeks to make any changes and my Porsche code is PJZ1HQJ7 any further advice would be welcome as this is my first post and I take delivery mid April and cannot wait to own my first Porsche !!
Col M

Post by Col M »

Hi Steve1 probably add a collapsible spare... a lot cheaper in initial spec than as an add on.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Welcome Steve1.

You obviously like the black stealth look!

I find the auto dimming mirrors useful at night. I know you have tinted glass, but you will still get the glare in the exterior mirrors, especially from others with ultra bright LED lights. Depends how much driving you will do at night.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Plus a heated steering wheel - absolutely wonderful this time of year :D
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17