Final final spec logic check - new user

All your ordering information here!
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

Just a thought - why not go for a straight Turbo rather than the PP? Makes another £6k or so available for goodies and still has more grunt than a GTS. IMO it’s worth spending on interior goodies - that’s where you’ll be!
Gone: Macan S petrol
Gone: Boxster S:
Now: 911 (991.2) Carrera S

VanB

Post by VanB »

Bloody daylight robbery WingCo as is having to pay £2300 to get a leather dash when it’s standard in other 911s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Hotblack67

Post by Hotblack67 »

Hi Zinzan, biazzrely once I specced the Sport Chrono, air suspension and some other bits to match the PP, the lease price margin between the two wasn’t that great and I really wanted the GTS suspension set up, so it seemed a no brainer to go with the PP.

I think i’ll end up with the Spyders and bi-xenons though and stick with the comfort lights. There’s a really good You Tube vid comparing the LEDs, Bi-xenons on two 911s and halogen on a golf. LEDs nail the brightness but are quite directional, whereas the bi-xenons are only a bit dimmer on dipped but with a greater spread. Using full beam is rare treat around here.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2N2AB2

Current car - 2015 Cayenne Diesel, Jet Black Metallic, Black Interior, Spyder Alloys, Pan Roof, Running Boards, Heated Seats, Chrome Exterior
Hotblack67

Post by Hotblack67 »

Yes the leather dash, leather seat combination compulsion is crap at this level.

Current car - 2015 Cayenne Diesel, Jet Black Metallic, Black Interior, Spyder Alloys, Pan Roof, Running Boards, Heated Seats, Chrome Exterior
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

Hi Hotblack,

Can see your point about the PP once you've specced up a turbo - you'll certainly have a fantastic machine. I had bi-xenons on my Macan, and they were pretty good. The LEDs on the Boxster are awesome out here in the country, but if full beam is a rare event where you are I wouldn't pay the extra. I saw that vid too - Nick Murray. I always enjoy his vids, but some are quite controversial. His views on alcantara certainly earned a loud raspberry from some of the members on here!
Gone: Macan S petrol
Gone: Boxster S:
Now: 911 (991.2) Carrera S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hotblack67 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:23 pm I think i’ll end up with the Spyders and bi-xenons though and stick with the comfort lights. There’s a really good You Tube vid comparing the LEDs, Bi-xenons on two 911s and halogen on a golf. LEDs nail the brightness but are quite directional, whereas the bi-xenons are only a bit dimmer on dipped but with a greater spread. Using full beam is rare treat around here.

Yeah, Nick Murray does some great Porsche videos. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Not seen any mention of Torque Vectoring (PTV) yet, 'only' about £1000 and in my opinion a better use of ££££s than some cosmetic options.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Hotblack67

Post by Hotblack67 »

I’d have to despec a few things but will look into - nice tip!

martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

I'd definitely go for the PP if the costs work out the same or similar. The turbo could do with a bit more go. If I had another Macan I'd certainly consider one.

OTOH if you are mostly urban you might not appreciate the firmer suspension.

I'm pretty happy with the PASM and 20" on my standard turbo and don't feel that compromises on road performance.

Incidentally if I had 21" alloys I'd probably have two kerbed wheels by now.

Surround view is a good wheel saver BTW and only the cost of a few refurbs,

I don't think LEDs are really good enough for the money and doubt I'd have them again. I probably wouldn't spec PSE again either. I'd think very carefully whether I needed Sport Chrono next time too.

I would however go for full leather and everything else on my build code if you are interested take a look.

Martin
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
macview19

Post by macview19 »

Re Macandrivers post on not specking Metallic paint having just px my Diesel Macan (Silver) last August was most undecided on colour choice and looking at the post on WHITE KNIGHT with Pebble Agate decided to go with that combo and even the SE at the Porsche centre remarked other vehicles will certainly see you coming towards them ( the Porsche Colour Palette is really very poor compared to most manufacturers) and feel they are taking the P--S for any non standard colours. White is certainly eye catching and yes it really stands out and from the safety aspect If other motorists don't see you coming should they be driving at all.I understand colour choice is a personal thing and I do not purchase a vehicle for the possible residual values when on the configurator .Very pleased with my GTS picked up on 1st December 17 a great car. Photos to follow once weather improves