Final final spec logic check - new user

All your ordering information here!
Hotblack67

Post by Hotblack67 »

Hi All,

I've been torturing myself (nicely) for about 3 months over the model and spec of the Macan I'm about to order. I'm trying to bring in on a our monthly (hard) budget and there's a slight mismatch in our company car (Hitachi) quoting system and the Porsche UK configurator (which I assume is correct). If this is the case, I'll have to de-spec the 911s and add Spyders and adjust a couple of options. Thoughts welcome.

Final draft spec after much soul searching

Macan Turbo Performance Pack
Night Blue
911 alloys black (coming up as a no cost option?) or Spyders
Monochrome
Black sports exhaust system
Sports mirrors
Red two tone seats
Heated seats
Heated steering wheel
Full LEDs (may need to reluctantly despec)
Light comfort pack (vanity may need to despec)
Pan roof
Privacy glass
Painted logo/model
Porsche logo on seats (vanity option so may despec)

Any more thoughts on Spyders vs 911s vs non-essential items?

Thanks

Ps. I've just tested a Turbo and GTS on consecutive weekends. Turbo mid range thrust was incredible and had to back off. GTS power delivery more linear, sounded better but I hit the limiter.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2N2AB2

Current car - 2015 Cayenne Diesel, Jet Black Metallic, Black Interior, Spyder Alloys, Pan Roof, Running Boards, Heated Seats, Chrome Exterior

VanB

Post by VanB »

Lots of people recommend the spare wheel as very much more expensive if not specced at order time. Light comfort pack is relatively cheap and you don't get vanity mirror lights without it. LEDs are my favourite option on the GTS.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Hotblack67

Post by Hotblack67 »

Thanks V, sound advice. Your spec was what tipped me to the night blue BTW!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2N2AB2

Current car - 2015 Cayenne Diesel, Jet Black Metallic, Black Interior, Spyder Alloys, Pan Roof, Running Boards, Heated Seats, Chrome Exterior
VanB

Post by VanB »

It's a truly lovely colour and looks so different in different lights. You won't be disappointed.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
andreas

Post by andreas »

The black 911 wheels are only a no-cost option if you buy the £4284 Exterior Package Turbo.

The Light Comfort Package is well worth having; if budget is tight I'd ditch the painted logo and headrest logos if necessary.

I've found that ParkAssist with Surround View is worth its weight in gold!

People have mixed views on the desirability of the spare wheel option. I specified it, as my wife wanted it. But I was chatting to an instructor at Silverstone who thought it wasn't essential, as apparently the AA crews used by Porsche breakdown service carry the right emergency wheel anyway.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

I have the space saver wheel in our Q5. Got us back 500 miles from Dijon one late Sunday avo, albeit at 50 mph!

My Macan was a showroom car and doesn't have it, or the interior light pack, so no vanity mirror lights or the nice ambient lighting in the cabin. Both are regrettable omissions in my humble? I also don't have self dimming mirrors.

Retrospectively, these are all things that really 'should be standard' in a £65k car?

I could easily forego the crested head restraints though.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

VanB wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:22 am It's a truly lovely colour and looks so different in different lights. You won't be disappointed.

+1. Just come back from the OPC where they had a metallic Night Blue Cayman. Looked gorgeous under the showroom lights. :)

Not as nice as the Racing Yellow GT4 though! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Hotblack67! :)

Personally I think the 911 Turbo wheels transform the look of the car (having just admired a Jet Black Macan Turbo at the OPC with 911 Turbo wheels) so if it was me, I'd spec those wheels & ditch something else. 😎
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I would have thought you would have gone for black but apart from that great spec..
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

The first things I would’ve ditched from the spec are metallic paint and the black sports exhaust. My advice is to focus on the things that improve the driving experience first. Most of the time you spend enjoying the car you will be on the inside driving it.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016