Macan GTS Final Spec Questions

All your ordering information here!
Col M

Post by Col M »

Pano roof gorgeous. I have 360 cameras, very useful as I find the sensors too sensitive and don't differentiate between a brick wall and long grass! Sports Chrono, no experience of...the previous owner didn't go for it but instead finished off the dash with the Compass option.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Pano roof and 21" wheels were the easiest no brainer options for me to tick.
VanB

Post by VanB »

FWIW I did spec SC but if I had my time over again I wouldn’t spec it. Reversing camera is useful IMO. Personally wouldn’t bother with a Pano roof but that’s down to personal preference as 75% would have it. I would say that it’s a bloody good car though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Also do you really need the 14 way seats, the standard 8 ways on the GTS are excellent for me and many other owners. You can add memory to this for a few hundred thus saving a good bit of money. Dropping those and air puts a good bit of money into the kitty for other options like the full leather interior at just over £1k and 21" Sports Classic wheels.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

As a mere SD owner I would chirp in that I like the clock on the dash. The snappy gear change is pleasing. The high revs are unproductive in the diesel. If I was getting a GTS I would be tempted to tick the SC option just to complete the picture.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Tom 2000 wrote:As a mere SD owner I would chirp in that I like the clock on the dash. The snappy gear change is pleasing. The high revs are unproductive in the diesel. If I was getting a GTS I would be tempted to tick the SC option just to complete the picture.
I didn’t want SC. It was the one option my wife specced, just for the clock on the dash rather than the functionality of SC.

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Porsche are clever as we know. They have sold a load of us Sports Chrono when all we actually want is a clock on the dash. A £700 clock, value for money lol
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Hawkeye wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:22 am
Tom 2000 wrote:As a mere SD owner I would chirp in that I like the clock on the dash. The snappy gear change is pleasing. The high revs are unproductive in the diesel. If I was getting a GTS I would be tempted to tick the SC option just to complete the picture.
I didn’t want SC. It was the one option my wife specced, just for the clock on the dash rather than the functionality of SC.

I went for the compass (includes digital clock) mounted in the centre of the dash as a reasonable £219
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Thanks everyone for the many and comprehensive replies. A kind welcome to the forum.

I've consolidated further comments to specifics raised but I'm grateful to you all for replying.

Regarding the reversing camera, dirt is a good point. I was going to suggest a Gtechniq hydrophobic coat on the lens as a solution to the dirt problem as that would I hope stop it from taking hold if you haven't tried that FunRider. I have never spec'd a rear wiper on any Cayman or 911 I've owned as I feel it fouls the lines of the car so have always used hydrophobic coats and with the aerodynamics of the car, they've swept the water off beautifully. Gyeon also do one. If you want further details, happy to provide them.

I'm borrowing a Macan S from the dealer for the day tomorrow and am going to do a garage test, my garage is a cart lodge and I've put Hormann doors on it but the mirror tip to mirror tip tolerances will require some precision I expect but I look forward to the test and the challenge. The camera may be spec'd yet as I'm sure novelty will turn into chore.

Think I'm not going to bother with Sport Chrono after consideration. I've got enough theatre with the sports exhaust and I think the PDK shift speed is more than adequate. I don't like the clock on the dash and when I previously ordered a car, asked the factory to not include the clock. It took such negotiation that the dealer said to order without and they'd retrofit for the same price as specifying new as it was taking up way too much time for such a simple request.

Regarding the black brushed aluminium finish, I'm never the problem when it comes to damaging my cars. The large surface area of it passenger side is what I'm thinking about and my wife's love of wearing silver jewellery is what's in the back of my mind. She is well trained on the GT cars - no jeans with studs, jewellery and so on but this is a shared car. From the pictures posted by Paul, it looks like it's a darker version of the anthracite brushed finish I have in my GT4. In the GT4, it doesn't have such a large area passenger side, it's just a ribbon dividing the cabin so also harder to impact.

Spook - I'd like to hear more or see your LED strip lights please? I've done a lot of work to my garage and having 'landing lights' is on my list of things to add to complete. I have extremely good overhead lights in the garage and have plaster boarded and painted it white but I've thought it would be a good idea to put some alignment markers on the floor as none of my other cars allowed me to specify parking sensors and it would be good to have that to make life easier getting in and out. That or I hard wire a wi-fi switch into the lights so I'm reversing into a fully lit space.

MCDK - I find the 14 way more comfortable to be honest. Driving any car of a 'sporting nature' requires good side bolster support in my experience otherwise you're thrown around and the 18 are prone to wear - my OPC said they had a demonstrator in for 3 months and they ended up having to get repairs done to it so advised against the option. I'm also used to carbon sports bucket seats (918 style) and I love them although quite a few passengers have complained. I'm not bothered by having more cow in the cabin and I live in semi-rural Suffolk outside of Bury St Edmunds so ride comfort is a consideration and 21 would be a bit too much for the roads. I'm also someone who'll take the car off road.

I'm going to spec the sunroof, I appreciate the mass up high isn't perfect for dynamics but my wife has been angling for a convertible and this seems a good compromise.

SAC1 - I quite like the idea of the compass versus a clock but would rather have cleaner lines on the dash. Do you find that you use it?

If anyone wants anything photographed when I have a loan car tomorrow, let me know and I'll grab some snaps.

Thanks again for your inputs. I'm going to step away from the configurator now I think!

Alex
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

" I quite like the idea of the compass versus a clock but would rather have cleaner lines on the dash. Do you find that you use it?"

Yes it provides interesting information on height [above sea level] and useful in the recent snow to avoid it the height where it had settled in our area. The clock is useful as easy to view for the driver and passengers. I would have preferred an analog clock and / or one with brighter illumination. Having said that IMO it definitely helps break up the large expanse of dash top.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver