Macan GTS - Ordered - Mar/Apr '18 Delivery!

All your ordering information here!
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Hey Everyone

Thanks for all your help regarding the specification process. Invaluable.

I have left my spec largely as I originally shared but added the reversing camera purely for convenience.

Borrowed a Macan S Diesel from the OPC today. Garage test and also give my wife a chance to drive on familiar roads where she'd be more relaxed and have a fairer assessment of size.

Getting into the garage was tight and the sensors were all going nuts and went red all round, so much so that I turned them off and did it by eye. Pleased to say I got it in one although I needed to get out and check distance front and back. I had to go back 12cm to be able to close the door. It's that tight. Embedded some pictures for interest.

Can't quite get over the difference in size between my Cayman. The Macan is like this giant hulking beast lurking in the corner!

I now need to get planning on some road trips!

Alex

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Wow, that does look tight! Nice looking Cayman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

The Macan is quite a huge beast. The first time I tried to reverse into my garage I though "no way this will fit". I have a single garage with an old narrow door so it is very tight through the door but not so bad once I am in. I now just ignore the sensors. It is good for your parking skills. :D

Nice garage by the way.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

The Macan and GT4 look good together 😎

No front number plate...? :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

"The Macan is quite a huge beast. The first time I tried to reverse into my garage I though "no way this will fit". I have a single garage with an old narrow door so it is very tight through the door but not so bad once I am in. I now just ignore the sensors. It is good for your parking skills. :D

Nice garage by the way."

We had a MKII Tiguan as our London run about before the Macan was even launched and it's not that dissimilar in size but the Macan feels much bigger. Reversing in, I had 3cm on the passenger side mirror - I asked my wife to measure it. I thought I was going to have to fold the mirror to get past the frame of the cart lodge. I think I'm going to have to get some overhead lights on the outside of the cart lodge to properly light the post otherwise getting it in at night is going to be a painful process.

Thanks for comments on the garage, I've still got a bit to do to finish it but doing it in phases seems to draw less attention from my wife. Not helped by the neighbour who keeps offering to take his shoes off when he walks into it. :D
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

"Wow, that does look tight! Nice looking Cayman."

Thanks Hawkeye. Good of you to say. When the GT3 turns up, I can say with confidence that it will be my absolute dream garage - GT4, GT3, GTS. Our run around is a MKVII Golf GTD and I reliably informed that I seem to shop on three letters as long as they start with GT! :lol: I was hoping to do PTS on the GT3 in Grey Black to match the GT4 in Grey Black and then I was going to do the GTS in Grey Black but the UK has PTS pulled or that's what I'm told so it's Crayon instead. If I shift my build slot again, I will likely lose it. So, shades of grey versus same grey. Cheaper as a consolation.

Have promised my wife that this is it for buying new cars. But I think she'll be amenable to the next series GTS after this one.... :lol:
Last edited by alxgb on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

"The Macan and GT4 look good together 😎

No front number plate...? :geek:"

As I said to Hawkeye, was going for a blanket of Grey Black in the three bays but the stars did not align on one of the cars. First world problem and all that. They do look good together but better when there is a GTS in my spec and with the RS Spyder wheels. :)

The number plate is off at the moment due to my OCD. It was very slightly out and I have had to get another made. It's been SORN since November anyway. Don't worry, I subscribe to the notion that the law applies to us all. :)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Dream garage, indeed! Lucky chap! :)

Although I'm sure it's all down to hard work! :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Wow that is tight.

Love the colour of the cayman. Right colour on the right car imo. πŸ‘
GTS πŸ˜€
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

"Dream garage, indeed! Lucky chap! :)

Although I'm sure it's all down to hard work! :D"

I was never cut out to be a toy boy so sadly I had to earn it. :lol:

I do think this is my final hurrah with cars before we'll all be driving milk floats with piped engine noise so I intend to enjoy it while I can. :cry: