GTS options

All your ordering information here!
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Sorry if this has been covered before but can anybody confirm that the only difference between the standard free option GTS interior and the £2700 cost option is the red or silver stitching and coloured seat belts?

How good are the 8 way seats compared to the 18way?
If you select the memory option does this work for both front seats. Does anyone who opted for 8 way wish they had gone 18?

What are the standard matt black side blades like to clean compared to the textured ones on the SD?

Do the 20" wheels come with all season tyres automatically as there is no option for this?

Paul

Post by Paul »

Re the interior, if you spend the £2700 this also includes the £1100 odd full leather pack so its actually only £1600 for the stitching, seatbelts(4,) dials etc 😳 (so that’s alright then!😉) ....and it is very nice if budget allows......

Mine has 8 ways and I find them fine (coming from 14s on my first SD) but they have no lumbar support if this is important to you. The memory works on the driver’s side only (passenger seat is electric) and you revert back to a manually adjustable steering column (compared to the full comfort memory oack on 14 or 18 ways)

The sideblades are easy to clean - smooth finish as opposed to that frustrating stippled plastic on the S version.

Mine has “ ordinary” tyres so I can’t help on the AS option but all seasons were available when
I ordered mine so it could be a seasonal supply shortage issue....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
VanB

Post by VanB »

I find the 8 way seats perfectly comfortable and I'm a reasonably big bloke. Not as adjustable as the 18 way but haven't found them lacking in any way other than the side bolster is quite high (exactly the same on the 18 way). Memory package does give electric adjustment for the front passenger seat too so is a relative bargain.

I understand the standard side blade is a lot easier to clean than the textured one on the SD from comments already seen on here although I had mine painted.

No the 20" wheels don't automatically come with A/S tyres and there is a lot of speculation about why Porsche seem to have dropped it as an option (supply issues?).

Will leave others to answer re the GTS interior
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

+1 for 8 way seats
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Thanks guys, I don't remember using the lumber adjustment on my current 18 way seats. The only thing I might miss is the seat retraction/ tucking action and steering column all moving into place when inserting the key... but I could get used to not having it by saving £1k I'm sure.
bompey

Post by bompey »

You either need to say its a "must" for a GTS, or if you're not bothered then put your money elsewhere. I have the GTS interior in leather and if speccing again would have kept alcantara and got the belts and dials separately. The leather interior is probably more practical (which is why i got it) but less GTSish. The red seatbelts and dials do look great.
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

If I do go full GTs interior I will stick with the alcantara option as I think it gives a neat contrast to the leather outers and is traditionally very GTS.

I have thought about speccing the belts and dials separately myself.

I do think that the genuine GTS interior will make the car feel a little more special and hopefully more desirable come resale time.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Sidscott wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 pm
I do think that the genuine GTS interior will make the car feel a little more special and hopefully more desirable come resale time.
This was my logic (time will tell!)

Also the reason I specced sports chrono as I feel it will be the expectation come resale (without wanting to revive the SC debate!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Paul wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:15 pmAlso the reason I specced sports chrono as I feel it will be the expectation come resale (without wanting to revive the SC debate!)
:lol: :lol: gets popcorn, sits back on sofa to watch the fireworks :D
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Paul

Post by Paul »

Tall Phil wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:31 pm
Paul wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:15 pmAlso the reason I specced sports chrono as I feel it will be the expectation come resale (without wanting to revive the SC debate!)
:lol: :lol: gets popcorn, sits back on sofa to watch the fireworks :D

👍😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab