Macan S or GTS

All your ordering information here!
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

I went for a GTS when I looked into the S by the time id added LED lights etc the cost difference seemed to make the gts more obvious. Residuals seem stronger on the GTS

Originally I wanted red, but my current spec is Sapphire blue with the full GTS leather with silver stitching, yes it's expensive but it's my first new Porsche so wanted to just order what I liked.

I only test drove a GTS however I'm sure the entire range drives just as well.

Paul

Post by Paul »

Northandy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:42 pm I went for a GTS when I looked into the S by the time id added LED lights etc the cost difference seemed to make the gts more obvious. Residuals seem stronger on the GTS

Originally I wanted red, but my current spec is Sapphire blue with the full GTS leather with silver stitching, yes it's expensive but it's my first new Porsche so wanted to just order what I liked.

I only test drove a GTS however I'm sure the entire range drives just as well.
👍
Pics in my signature - just to reassure you! (Sapphire with full GTS interior)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
steve w

Post by steve w »

Stellauk
Running a GTS after a SD ,although the SD was great the GTS is in another league,mines Carrara White,21in Black Classics,Privacy Glass LEDs,Pano Roof,etc etc plus the expensive full GTS leather interior with silver stiching it’s fabulous,made a mistake not ordering the full leather on our SD so on the GTS it has everything I wanted it’s to late once you’ve taken delivery wishing you’d not ordered what you really wanted,as for the Spyders I understand from other members they’re not the easiest wheels to clean,IMO the GTS is the sweet spot in the Macan range taking everything into consideration,spec , cost ,depreciation etc.
SteveW
Stellauk

Post by Stellauk »

Will report back once had the test drive next Saturday.
I think the deciding factor will be on how different the drive will be between S and GTS, and current BMW. I like a car with very precise and sharp steering. Found Merc and Audi lack in the front. Would you say Macan is as good or better than a BMW? Hope I am not going to be disappointed. Or I will have BMW 440i again!
VanB

Post by VanB »

Came to Porsche from a long line of BMWs and there is no comparison IMO. The Macan is incredibly precise for an SUV but if you’re comparing a 440 to an SUV they are apples and oranges. That being said I think most people agree that the Macan, particularly the GTS or PP, is the most dynamically capable SUV on the market today.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

What suspension setup, wheel size and tyre type (run flats?) do you have on your Beamer?

The Macan steering will probably feel much more precise than your Beamer.

Beamer seating comfort is generally very good but the Macan especially with 14 or 18 way seats is in a different league, do take time to get yourself comfortable before you sart your demo run.

The ride quality in comfort mode will be vastly superior.

The GTS demo car will have PASM as standard, suggest you drive a mixed route with PASM in comfort mode, repeat route with 1 PASM light showing and again repeat with 2 PASM lights showing. This will clearly show you how the suspension is very compliant in a straight line yet as soon as steering input occurs it firms up depending upon the setting.

Then you have the engine and gearbox Sport mode to check out and then Sport+ if Sports Chrono is fitted to the demo car, a stopwatch on the top if the dash and seperate Sport+ button in centre colsole will show that SC is included.

Finally take images inside and out and make a physical note of precisely what extras are included in the demo car as these may be useful when configuring your car.

If you can take out other Macan variants to check them out.

I have driven a Turbo PP which has the same suspension as a GTS and the handling is amazing for any car yet alone a two tonne suv.

Enjoy the ride.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Stellauk

Post by Stellauk »

I had my test drive today and put a deposit down.
I have chosen a Macan S instead of Macan GTS. I am very happy with how S drives. The SA advised GTS normally come with certain package/ expectation which I tend to spec them out. Hence the Macan S.
The drive on Urban road is very smooth and quiet compared the BMW. The car handles well in Sport plus mode.
I definitely prefer the sport/ sport plus mode. Especially on B roads. But the comfort mode is OK for urban driving. The interior built quality is very high and seats very comfortable. Overall very happy with the car. Looking forward to delivery mid April!
The final spec code is PJX39FM1. It is locked down in a week’s time.
Last edited by Stellauk on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Congrats on ordering your Macan S! :)

Fantastic mid-size SUV, with a 3.0 V6 petrol engine, and it's a Porsche!

What's not to like!? :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Well done Stellauk, hope the time goes by quickly. 😃

I was in OPC Reading today having a PCM software done and two BMW's were being evaluated for a trade in, a Z3 and an i8.
Last edited by Semerka on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Col M

Post by Col M »

Semerka wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:12 pm Well done Stellauk, hope the time goes by quickly. 😃

I was in OPC Reading today having a PCM software done and two BMW's were being evaluated for a trade in, a Z3 and and i8.
Z3 and an i8 ... must be going for the ceramic brake option.😁
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble