Macan S or GTS

All your ordering information here!
Stellauk

Post by Stellauk »

Thank you for all the suggestions. Will think it over the weekend.
Did not want black leather interior as it is too dark for me. Maybe will try to see what agate grey interior is like in real life. A friend’s husband got one so will have a look at it.
Undecided on the wheel, heart says spyder wheels but the sport design is much easier to clean. Will ask dealer re refurbishing alloys. My current BMW wheels can not have mobile refurbish as it is diamond cut. We only has one car and I need it daily for work so don’t want another diamond cut wheels.
I have the funds for GTS but just not used to spend 60K plus for a car. Somehow £58K feels more palatable. However, since we only has one car, you only live once...

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

As a non GTS owner I suggest that you forget the S.

Any Porsche model GTS variant will always be a more desirable car than a base or S variant.

There again it totally depends upon what you want from the car, how long you are going to keep it and if vfm over the period of ownership is important.

The GTS is the sweet handling car in the range, even then it is ecpilsed by the Turbo PP as then both share the same suspension but the Turbo PP is over 20% more powerfull.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Stellauk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:55 pm Ok My spec code is
www.porsche-code.com/PJF2VP81
I did not spec privacy glasses should I?
No spare wheel as I don’t think I can change the wheel on my own anyhow.
Sport design wheels instead of spider wheels, would really love the spider wheels but I often damage the alloys, I think sport design wheels are not diamond cut so can be refurbished more easily.
Any suggestions welcomed!
Hi Stellauk, welcome aboard. We love to offer advice on Macans, thats what we're here for, so here goes....
GTS of course; just over a year ago I was phoning around for the shortest wait GTS build slot (each dealer will have different allocations) all were 7 mnths +. I was offered a cancelled order on a petrol S so took it and had the car 3months later, even beating the end of March VED increases. I should have waited for a GTS, the cost difference was £5k but not a consideration, I was just impatient. There is a post that lists the extra tech stuff on a GTS, far more than external body kit, lower suspenion and a few more horses. The GTS is the 'drivers' version, as it is in each range. This week I thought I might order a GTS; both Colchester and Nottingham offered me a build in March with delivery by mid April, quite a change from a year ago. Bear in mind that it is almost certain Porsche will soon stop all petrol car production for 3 months.
Privacy glass is not for me, not keen on the colour difference front/rear looks like a van to me, so I added the rear blinds, useful if you carry children at times. Since then I have had all windows done in the same (almost legal) tint, to my eye it looks far better than privacy. Cost about £300 and easily removed at trade in time.
Yes to the spare, if you ever need to use it, better than being loaned one by the breakdown man.
Black spyders on a GTS, easy to DIY touch up minor scuffs, also quicker and cheaper to refurbish if required. In fact I have just bought a set of shiny spyders (separate thread) that I will have re-done in satin black, for those very reasons and of course they look great.
I haven't looked at your spec, but for me, PASM is fine on 20's, Air is luxurious, speed limit display is excellent, pano roof, coloured dials and compass, full leather, sports design mirrors and basic audio. Red sat belts with carbon interior and st wheel look good in a GTS. Colours are individual, but I like the light grey or full black inside; there's a poor choice of ext colours, Volcano Grey looks great when shiny.
‭So place your order tomorrow, grab one of those build slots, bank transfer £3k deposit and you'll be driving it mid April. Brett Peggs at Nottingham 0115 986 0911‬, or Robert Clarke at Colchester ‭01206 855500‬. Other OPC's are also available.
Let us know what you decide.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
spook

Post by spook »

IMO for resale in 3 years the GTS plus options will depreciate less that a similar high spec S.
Usually the depreciation index is based on the base value w/o options and we all know options mean loss.

I would have had a GTS but I was not prepared to wait any longer than the 18 months I had already for a petrol S.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
martinw

Post by martinw »

Full GTS interior, black leather, pano roof (not dark at all then) black spyders and Carmine RED of course :D

3A795D5B-078F-47B4-9296-5CC5E8D0C0A9.jpeg

B22DA6C9-085A-4ACF-89C9-CA174A59CCA2.jpeg

15687FA3-1741-4484-8ECD-F9C3CFE56AAA.jpeg

You won’t regret it :)
Col M

Post by Col M »

martinw wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:56 am Full GTS interior, black leather, pano roof (not dark at all then) black spyders and Carmine RED of course :D

3A795D5B-078F-47B4-9296-5CC5E8D0C0A9.jpeg
B22DA6C9-085A-4ACF-89C9-CA174A59CCA2.jpeg
15687FA3-1741-4484-8ECD-F9C3CFE56AAA.jpeg

You won’t regret it :)
That GTS interior series is dizzying 🙃
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
VanB

Post by VanB »

I agree with the GTS holding its value better - a number of people on here have recently sold their GTS Macans and suffered very little in the way of depreciation. Mine goes this coming week and it's been the cheapest cost of ownership of any car I've owned. As someone said you can write off the cost of options over 3 years (just check lease deals to see this is true) so, as you would have more options on an S, you would lose more money.

The GTS is an awesome car to drive and to own unless you want more power in which case the Turbo PP is the one to go for.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

I'm delighted with my S. It perfectly suits my needs and it gives me a great owner/driving experience. The power, handling and comfort levels are superb. The GTS is a great car as well. Its a personal choice, and as has been said ( and eventually agreed, I think) on other threads all the Macan variants are great.

Re the financials - a GTS with the same spec as my S would have cost me over 6k more, As a cash buyer who's planning to keep the car long term, I was more interested in lower upfront cost than I was in spending more on a GTS to reduce the depreciation hit. And the difference (for me) in the GTS driving experience wasn't great enough to justify the extra ££s.

I've got the Agate Grey interior - love it. I wouldn't say its brown, in some lights it has a subtle hint of green about it. Its more interesting than black and less prone to visible scuffs and dirt than the pale colours.

Whichever you go for, you'll love it.
pj191k89
Stellauk

Post by Stellauk »

We are also cash buyers so not sure whether the upfront additional cost is right for me. Husband does not like the black leather with red stitching look which I think is great 🤔. Emailing the SA about this but he is off until next Tuesday. We have initially discussed Macan S with him not the GTS. We will see what he suggests.
Many thanks for everyone’s input.
Kemertonbob

Post by Kemertonbob »

Hi - new to the forum.... I was looking for advice and came across this thread - thought I would I add my bit

All of the models are fantastic but it seems the GTS is the pick of the bunch - I would go for it.
Seems to sit lower than the 15mm suggest and the options tend to blur the price difference.....

I have 2017 GTS - Black with black adaptive seats, pano roof, air suspension and chrono pack etc - I traded a 991 C4S for it as I needed more practicality. I am about to change again and having looked had a look at all the models I could afford I still came back to another Macan!!
I agree with the other contributors- whatever you decide on you will love it!

For me I am trying to decide between the Turbo PP and the GTS.
Not sure if the TurboPP is worth the extra £10k but if anyone has tried both then I would be grateful for the advice!

83A55B5E-E449-43FB-8657-40F7249D3E62.png