No 4

All your ordering information here!
Spud

Post by Spud »

Interesting few days, been thinking of swapping Macan 3 for a while now despite loving it, browsed briefly at a Merc AMG 43, RR Velar, Jag F Pace & E Pace all very nice cars, decided to hold tight until the end of summer, email from my local OPC at the beginning of the week , would I be interested in another Macan as they had been allocated two extra build slots, so I’ve bucked the trend and gone for No4, sure I won’t regret it, good deal given and yet again excellent service from my OPC
Last edited by Spud on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1

Am65

Post by Am65 »

Hi Spud,

What model have you gone for? Are you moving up to GTS / turbo? If not, surely you are just throwing money away! I know it is exciting in the run up to a new one, but it is not exactly as if they fall to pieces after a few thousand miles. Interested to hear your motivation.

Rob
Spud

Post by Spud »

Am65 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 pm Hi Spud,

What model have you gone for? Are you moving up to GTS / turbo? If not, surely you are just throwing money away! I know it is exciting in the run up to a new one, but it is not exactly as if they fall to pieces after a few thousand miles. Interested to hear your motivation.

Rob
Hi Rob, yes moving on to a GTS, had two Petrol S prior to the Diesel, love the Diesel but my mileage hasn’t turned out as I expected, the OPC have given me a very good price for my Diesel plus a slight Discount on the GTS so just felt it was to good to miss.
Last edited by Spud on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTS Delivered April 2018
Am65

Post by Am65 »

Spud,
As someone who went from S petrol to GTS, I can confirm you will not regret it. Performance not too much different but the sound is more sporty if no louder and acceleration more linear. I imagine the residuals will offset the initial extra outlay in a year or two also. Enjoy
Rob
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Spud wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:21 pm
Am65 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 pm Hi Spud,

Rob
Hi Rob, yes moving on to a GTS, had two Petrol S prior to the Diesel, love the Diesel but my mileage hasn’t turned out as I expected, the OPC have given me a very good price for my Diesel plus a Discount on the GTS so just felt it was to good to miss.
Good news for you Spud.
What sort of discount did you get on the GTS and how did you manage to get it when they are virtually selling themselves and holding residuals better than any other Macan?
ALEX

Post by ALEX »

Well done Spud, that's what I am planning later this year all going well.
Would be interested to see your spec in due course.
Ordered August 2014 Delivery
hopefully September 2015
Code PG4CGYQ2
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Discount GTS... I’m all ears!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Does sound good. If I got a good trade in value on my diesel and a discount on a GTS, I’d be swapping too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I suspect it is a good time to be selling or trading in a Macan Diesel as trade values seem to have firmed up. At end of October WBAC were valuing/offering £33000 for my May 2015 21000 mile Diesel . Yesterday it was £35500. Might be due to snow and the effect of poor weather on 4x4 values.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Couple of factors that came in to play, the OPC had the two extra builds and wanted to secure the deals, secondly the offer on the Macan was better than what WBAC were quoting so I felt it was to good an offer to decline, love the Diesel but just wanted to get back to Petrol and I would be lieing if I didn’t say the Dieselgate scenario concerned me, however a couple of points came out of my visit, apparently Porsche are stopping production of Petrol engines for 6 months as they are improving the emissions, the Diesel engines will continue, if this is the case then I personally think residuals will rise on the Diesel, for the GTS I have gone team Red , hopefully should be here end of March
Last edited by Spud on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GTS Delivered April 2018