Finally dipped our toes into the Porsche pool...new Macan

All your ordering information here!
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Don’t worry too much about the mirrors, the SD mirrors are the same plastic as the standard but all painted instead of black bottom half.
I am sure that if they were sold the other way round you would still get people paying extra for the standard mirrors.. it’s human nature!

Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

How do people find the ride with the 21" sport wheels with standard suspension?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Standard suspension is steel springs with no PASM, and driving a Macan with 21” wheels and no PASM is a very uncomfortable place to be, it would probably be fine if you are used to rock hard Audi or BMW suspension. No PASM in a Macan is a total compromise on ride and handling.

The good news is that a GTS has 20” and PASM as standard, swap over to 21” and you will hardly notice any difference save for a very small increase in tyre noise. Ride comfort will be very good, PASM works constantly but switch the PASM onto the first illuminated position and you will struggle to feel any difference in a straight line, but in the corners it will feel so much better, switch it fully on and smile.

The 18 way seats have bolster, lumber and squab length adjustment, I suggest you thoroughly test out 8 way prior to locking down the order. The level of fine tuning seat comfort is only available if there are plenty of available adjustments. If you add the cost of electric adjustment you are partly there against the cost of better seats. I have driven plenty of 18 way Macans but for me I find the 14 way the most comfortable.

If cost creep us an issue then PTV could be dropped, surely better to be as comfortable as you can.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

Col,

Thanks for that. I'm used to rock hard Audi suspension so i'm sure PASM will be a blessing.

I will be testing out PTV to it's fullest to see how far I have to push the car to make use of it, when I had an M135i the one thing that was missing was an LSD, however that was RWD with lots of power.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Congrats on the GTS order, Gonzo!

What many consider to be the sweet spot of the range!

And Sapphire Blue does look stunning! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Gonzo0 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:52 am Col,

Thanks for that. I'm used to rock hard Audi suspension so i'm sure PASM will be a blessing.

I will be testing out PTV to it's fullest to see how far I have to push the car to make use of it, when I had an M135i the one thing that was missing was an LSD, however that was RWD with lots of power.
I love PTV on my car. In normal city commute or straight line highway cruising, I honestly could live without. However, take your car to the backroads and its helps you carve corners even better (you’ll already have lowered suspension and pasm on the gts). You can really feel it work the more agressive you are turning in. Just jank the steering briskly turning in and you will feel it braking the inside wheel, penduling the car. Great fun. It also reacts differently depending if you are in “normal”, “sport” or “sport plus”, make sure you try all.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Another tip for you at the PEC.

Search this forum for prior posts on members experiences at the PEC there will be quite a lot of useful knowledge you can gain.

Once you get on the track its all to easy to play hooligan, instead of checking out all the performance aids. Turning off the traction control makes for a very interesting drive especially on the skid pans. During breakfast or lunch depending upon am or pm session your Instructor will ask what you want to achieve. It is also letting the Instructor take the wheel for 10 minutes to give you advice and a few demo laps by someone who can really drive.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

Question...

If i switch to 18 way adjustable seats does that mean I cant have the seat centres in Alcantara?

Thanks
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Gonzo0 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:37 am Question...

If i switch to 18 way adjustable seats does that mean I cant have the seat centres in Alcantara?

Thanks
No, you should select the leather/alcantara interior and then select 18way (see below)
Porsche Macan GTS
Interior Colour
GTS leather interior package in Rhodium Silver including items in Alcantara
FE
£ 2,702.00
Adaptive sports seats with comfort memory package (18-way)
PE6
£ 1,263.00

GTS leather interior package in Rhodium Silver including items in Alcantara

In Rhodium Silver: dial face of central rev counter, GTS logo embroidered on headrests front and outer rear, decorative stitching on seats, centre console main storage compartment, dashboard upper section, floor mats and seat belts front and outer rear. Note: only available in conjunction with leather interior package in black and with standard-fitted GTS Sports seats or optional adaptive Sports seats (18-way). Items in Alcantara as for GTS leather package
Included in configuration
£ 2,702.00
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

Thats what I have selected but on the configurator the image switches from alcantara to full leather??

Try it yourself