Finally dipped our toes into the Porsche pool...new Macan

All your ordering information here!
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

Evening all,

So we have just put down a deposit on a new Sapphire Blue Macan GTS......with delivery in September.

Long story short but due to central london living we only need 1 car currently. However we will be relocating up North in September so will need a second car.

Done a deal with Porsche Silverstone today that means 'if' they get any Q3 build slots for Macan GTS one will be ours. If not then we will have a late April build and Porsche Silverstone will store the car for us and keep it unregistered until 1st September.

Due to the upcoming factory shutdown (and facelift) there is a lot of uncertainty around Q3 builds, our preference is obviously for a Q3 build.

Anyway heres the spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJIYIM34

Feedback on the spec? :D

Thanks

Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Welcome and well done. Others can comment on anything missing but they are all lovely and starting with a GTS you can't go wrong! Just enjoy the ride now as you wait for it.
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

Thanks Ferdie...dealer is quickly arranging for us a day at PEC and also a fully loaded Macan GTS for the weekend to try out (80k spec!!!)
Col M

Post by Col M »

Fascinating spec. As it's a shared vehicle (we put down a deposit☺) I would add drivers memory package. This will save 3 seat & steering wheel preferences...adds powered steering wheel adjustment to achieve this too. I was surprised that selecting different dial colours is not permitted with a GTS interior. One item that's far cheaper to spec from new is the collapsible spare.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

We did discuss the memory package but we dont mind manually adjusting the seat....plus my eyes were starting to water at 70k.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

I dd a double take when I saw the £80k spec for a GTS, initially I thought that that was what you were budgeting for, then I realised that it is the loaner.

Comments on spec:-

Check seating in loaner, if 8way then please be sure they are comfortable for you, if loaner has 18 way then please arrange another loan or when you go to the PEC, ring them to see if you can use a GTS with 8way. Others here have no issues with 8 way but if you do not test you cannot be sure they will be OK for you otherwise spec 18 way.

I drove a Porsche at the PEC which had the alcantara multifunction steering wheel and it was very, very grubby. Please be sure that you want one.

Do also check out the standard mirror base, imho it is fairly low grade plastic, many here upgrade to the SD mirrors.

Spare wheel, I had a totally unrepairable blow out last year in my Turbo, without a spare I would have been sat there for hours, not to mention being without a car as by the time I would have been transported to the OPC they would have been closed for hours.

Another PEC test, PTV do check it out on the circuits, my opinion is that it is a questionable benefit on normal roads, track use yes, normal roads?

LEDs, great choice, they are light years better than Xenons (sorry for the bad pun)

Panoramic roof will lighten an otherwise very dark interior.

Finally check out every extra fitted to the loaner and compare each to your spec, also take plenty of images for references.

Its worth the wait.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

Welcome to the Sapphire GTS chapter.....

PVT (and Bose) would be options I’d consider dropping in preference for memory seats (you will get fed up moving the seat after your better half has driven the car) or 18 way seats.

The comfort entry on the 18 ways is a nice touch as the seats move back automatically as you enter and tuck you in as you start the car, and you gain electric column adjustment.

I’d also look at keeping the black wheels to retain the GTS look.

But, the GTS is a great car!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

+1 .. I tried this in a demo Macan and noticed I did not brush against the side bolster when getting in out, i Think this can help with premature wear.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:46 pm Welcome.

I dd a double take when I saw the £80k spec for a GTS, initially I thought that that was what you were budgeting for, then I realised that it is the loaner.

Comments on spec:-

Check seating in loaner, if 8way then please be sure they are comfortable for you, if loaner has 18 way then please arrange another loan or when you go to the PEC, ring them to see if you can use a GTS with 8way. Others here have no issues with 8 way but if you do not test you cannot be sure they will be OK for you otherwise spec 18 way.

I drove a Porsche at the PEC which had the alcantara multifunction steering wheel and it was very, very grubby. Please be sure that you want one.

Do also check out the standard mirror base, imho it is fairly low grade plastic, many here upgrade to the SD mirrors.

Spare wheel, I had a totally unrepairable blow out last year in my Turbo, without a spare I would have been sat there for hours, not to mention being without a car as by the time I would have been transported to the OPC they would have been closed for hours.

Another PEC test, PTV do check it out on the circuits, my opinion is that it is a questionable benefit on normal roads, track use yes, normal roads?

LEDs, great choice, they are light years better than Xenons (sorry for the bad pun)

Panoramic roof will lighten an otherwise very dark interior.

Finally check out every extra fitted to the loaner and compare each to your spec, also take plenty of images for references.

Its worth the wait.
Col,

Thanks for the comments.

We will defiantly be testing out the 18way seats at PEC/Loaner however we have to be conscious of 'spec creep'. I'm sure 8 way will be fine. Our Audi TTS (Mk3) super sports seats are really uncomfy on longer distance driving so I'm sure the standard 8 ways will be better.

Do the SD mirrors have electric folding?

I'm not too concerned about the Alcantara steering wheel, we always make sure we have clean hands before driving and i'm quite OCD with car cleaning so will be keeping on top of it.

I'll upload some pictures of the loaner next month....it really is a mega spec!
Paul

Post by Paul »

...yes, SD mirrors do fold back when you hold the lock button down.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465