Buy or Delay?

All your ordering information here!
Col M

Post by Col M »

It will be I interesting to see if Porsche uses the Macan to introduce a new small 3 dial dash. I'll take a 2.9l hybrid as an alternative to diesel if you twist my arm next time.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Its just an educated guess, but I would say the only big change on the facelifted Macan will be to the petrol engines. Anything else will be minimal, just slight outside and inside trim changes. Porsche have used the model facelift to change engines as with the 911 where the 991.1 3.8NA engines changed to 3.0 turbo engines.
If it were me I would wait for the facelift S and then chop it in for the GTS a year later.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

There are spy shots online of a lightly disguised facelift Macan. It appears to be following in the footsteps of the Cayenne styling wise which makes sense. Hopefully options like Tungsten brakes will find their way into the next Macan GTS too. Go along to the Cayenne launch at your dealer and take a look, it'll give you a good sense of the direction of the facelift. I think the new cabin is great but boy does it fingerprint. The haptics are great and it's clever tech but it's an evolution not revolution so I'm not sure what you're expecting.

It depends what you want the car for as well - you could conceivably buy a facelift S and then sell it for a GTS when they're available. When the Macan was launched, I had a letter in about two years before. Got one of the first cars, kept it 8 months and sold it for a £10k profit. I was amazed that I was able to do that on a mass market model but there was an 18 month waiting list at the time and they hadn't built the new factory yet. I doubt that scenario will repeat itself but if demand will be anything like that this time round, an early car sold up to the GTS release shouldn't owe you much.

I'd negotiate with an OPC on a lightly used GTS and register for the next GTS. There is a brand new Crayon GTS at East London that has been there since December. If you give them a LOI for the next model and take that in the meantime offering them the trade in, you'd probably get a reasonable deal.
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

So what you thinking Davetronic?
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
RussC

Post by RussC »

Hello from a first-poster

I am having exactly this debate with myself. I don’t need a new car just now because my current deal still has 18m to run, but when I decide I would like a new car I am impatient!

A Macan only works if I keep it 4-5 years, by which time the new platform model will likely be out. You can always defer and wait for the next model or model year as there is always something in the pipeline.

The other question I am toying with is loaded S v pretty basic GTS. Many of the options I would add to the S are included with with GTS. No matter what the salesperson tells you, options are valueless on sale.

I think if I went GTS, then why wait as the facelift will probably be late 2019 or even 2020. If an S, then probably better to wait to at least see what the facelift brings with it, but I guess then it might be too late to order a pre-facelift version - although I am not clear whether these will be built again when the factory reopens after the summer.

Decisions, desicions .....
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

You always find that the facelift version keeps its value better in the first year, so you could in theory chop the S in for a GTS in years time.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Russ

The GTS is a no-brainer in your situation if it has the options you're after, the residuals will be far higher and it will be the last released for the facelift.

Order the GTS now and you can always chop it in for the facelift at a much lower cost to change.

BigPhil.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

Thanks for all the input guys, just as in my head, there are two schools of thought!
If I am honest, it's the engines that worry me most. In the past I had a similar experience - got a really good deal on a last of the line model, but took a big hit on it because the revised engines were the one that everybody wanted when it came to trade in time.
Also, although I actually like the switch arrangements in the Macan, the bigger screens and touch technology on newer models from Porsche and others definitely makes the existing interior look a little dated. At my age, bigger is better for seeing LOL! Just hope it won't be a stramash like in the Velar! I find the tech in my wife's top of the range Q3, new last March, absolutely pitiful, probably because it was upgraded shortly after, so don't want to make that mistake again either.
So, as I am not desperate for a new car, I've decided to try and put back my build time to see what the facelift brings in April, then decide whether to go-ahead and order a facelift S, and possibly replace it with the GTS when that facelift arrives. Thanks all!
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Same reluctant thoughts.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

davetronic wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:48 am Thanks for all the input guys, just as in my head, there are two schools of thought!
If I am honest, it's the engines that worry me most. In the past I had a similar experience - got a really good deal on a last of the line model, but took a big hit on it because the revised engines were the one that everybody wanted when it came to trade in time.
Also, although I actually like the switch arrangements in the Macan, the bigger screens and touch technology on newer models from Porsche and others definitely makes the existing interior look a little dated. At my age, bigger is better for seeing LOL! Just hope it won't be a stramash like in the Velar! I find the tech in my wife's top of the range Q3, new last March, absolutely pitiful, probably because it was upgraded shortly after, so don't want to make that mistake again either.
So, as I am not desperate for a new car, I've decided to try and put back my build time to see what the facelift brings in April, then decide whether to go-ahead and order a facelift S, and possibly replace it with the GTS when that facelift arrives. Thanks all!
Good decision.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
Suzuki Swift Sport