Buy or Delay?

All your ordering information here!
Taz

Post by Taz »

I am new to this forum, so ‘Hello’. I took delivery of a Macan Turbo yesterday and am delighted with it. The car was pre-specified by the dealer so when I went in and asked about new car deliveries I was offered this one which was available within 3 weeks and almost the exact specification that I would have chosen myself.

I did consider waiting for the face lift but several sources told me that delivery would not be until 2019 and also that the facelift was mainly cosmetic. So I paid my money and took my choice.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Taz. :) And congrats on your Macan Turbo!

Care to share your spec...?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Taz

Post by Taz »

Thank you. I don’t have the code number to hand but it is in Volcano Grey, with air suspension, full black leather, tinted rear windows, surround parking, LED head lights, adaptive brake lights, plus a few other minor things. The only things that I wish I could have changed are the aluminium roof rails (wish they were black to compliment the rear roof spoiler) and bright chrome window surrounds (wish they were black also - as they were on my previous Cayenne).
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
Spud

Post by Spud »

Personally I would not wait, unless I am missing something then the facelift will be purely cosmetic and not recognisable to most people, I just think back to the Cayenne, the interior will probably be the same, the main facelift will probably come in 2 years when the interior will probably follow the new Panamera and Cayenne, the one thing is the dealer will always win regarding values, gone are the days when the Macan had zero depreciation, go GTS as that will be the best long term regarding residuals
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Taz wrote:Thank you. I don’t have the code number to hand but it is in Volcano Grey, with air suspension, full black leather, tinted rear windows, surround parking, LED head lights, adaptive brake lights, plus a few other minor things. The only things that I wish I could have changed are the aluminium roof rails (wish they were black to compliment the rear roof spoiler) and bright chrome window surrounds (wish they were black also - as they were on my previous Cayenne).
You could get them both wrapped. I was looking at a 911 recently and didn’t like the chrome window surround so the dealer had it wrapped.

I think it was bigboyrolo who had his window surround on his Macan wrapped too and seemed to look ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

Spud wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:28 pm Personally I would not wait, unless I am missing something then the facelift will be purely cosmetic and not recognisable to most people, I just think back to the Cayenne, the interior will probably be the same, the main facelift will probably come in 2 years when the interior will probably follow the new Panamera and Cayenne, the one thing is the dealer will always win regarding values, gone are the days when the Macan had zero depreciation, go GTS as that will be the best long term regarding residuals
Of course this is the dilemma! But several OPC s, Autocar(!) and a contact in Germany have all said there will be new 7" and 12" displays in the instrument cluster, which for me personally would be a big improvement. It seems fairly common knowledge that the engines will change. I understand that EU regulations mean by 2019 (?) all new petrol cars must have a GPF and these may well be incorporated in the new engines. Not that it is a major issue for me, but presumably it could reduce road tax band etc. Call me squeaky, but having to pay £1200 tax seems a bit harsh, especially as my wife's previous 2.0l Qashqai diesel was £0 tax and our Maserati and Q3 are £135 at present!
A bit superficial possibly, but I always like the latest of anything, so for now its wait and see...........
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

davetronic wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:38 am
Spud wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:28 pm Personally I would not wait, unless I am missing something then the facelift will be purely cosmetic and not recognisable to most people, I just think back to the Cayenne, the interior will probably be the same, the main facelift will probably come in 2 years when the interior will probably follow the new Panamera and Cayenne, the one thing is the dealer will always win regarding values, gone are the days when the Macan had zero depreciation, go GTS as that will be the best long term regarding residuals
Of course this is the dilemma! But several OPC s, Autocar(!) and a contact in Germany have all said there will be new 7" and 12" displays in the instrument cluster, which for me personally would be a big improvement. It seems fairly common knowledge that the engines will change. I understand that EU regulations mean by 2019 (?) all new petrol cars must have a GPF and these may well be incorporated in the new engines. Not that it is a major issue for me, but presumably it could reduce road tax band etc. Call me squeaky, but having to pay £1200 tax seems a bit harsh, especially as my wife's previous 2.0l Qashqai diesel was £0 tax and our Maserati and Q3 are £135 at present!
A bit superficial possibly, but I always like the latest of anything, so for now its wait and see...........
+1. There’s no escaping the engine regulations. And a U.K. tax saving is welcome for everyone. As for the facia I just don’t see the current layout lasting another 3-4-5 years - particularly in view of the increasing competition. The unit exists albeit may some resizing - hardly major in view of the other changes. Not a big lover of touchscreens in cars but...
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hawkeye wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:56 am You could get them both wrapped. I was looking at a 911 recently and didn’t like the chrome window surround so the dealer had it wrapped.

Blimey! That's impressive on the part of the OPC, Hawkeye! Are you buying the 911 in question...?! ;)
Simon

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

That particular car is at an independent dealer rather than an OPC. I think they also thought it would look better for general sale, so was a win win. Haven’t been to see the car in the flesh as waiting my overnight loan next week to see if our son would be happy in the back. Don’t want to jump the gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hawkeye wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:04 am That particular car is at an independent dealer rather than an OPC. I think they also thought it would look better for general sale, so was a win win. Haven’t been to see the car in the flesh as waiting my overnight loan next week to see if our son would be happy in the back. Don’t want to jump the gun!

It's inevitable! The countdown is on for a 911 to join the Hawkeye household! ;)
Simon